Questions about Verizon phones for the deaf...

Yadavalli

Reaction score
Since I heard AT&T is taking over T-Mobile, I am unsure if we can continue using the handsets bought from T-Mobile indefinitely, or if have to upgrade for new handsets once the acquisition is final. (I was thinking of buying T-Mobile Sidekick 4G, but now I am not so sure).

So...in case AT&T demand that we upgrade to their new phones, handsets, etc., as soon as they finished acquiring T-Mobile, I am considering buying a Verizon phone instead. There's so many to choose... I need one that is affordable. Which Verizon phone (besides IPhone, of course) is more suitable for the deaf? That's what I am wondering about.

Thanks in advance! :ty:

My friend had the LG Ally and adored it. If you are looking for video ability iPhone4 and Thunderbolt are your best options. But honestly Verizon isnt the best deaf-friendly provider.

You will not have to switch phones or anything like that, once AT&T finalizes their purchase of T-Mobile.

You will probably have to change e-mail address and the carrier usually does that within a reasonable # of days. For example, john.doe@tmo.blackberry.net will be switched over to john.doe@att.blackberry.net.

Of course, if you have other e-mail providers, then nothing to worry about. Hope that helps.

I heard the news recently, so I really hope AT&T honors the family plan we had with T-Mobile (my husband and I are T-Mobile users) and that we don't have to get new phones once AT&T takes over.

Thank you, mojovase and marcyp06!

Back