question

:hug:

The only thing I can kind of suggest to you is to get another audiologist.

My score is low too...but I haven't been tested in like two months. So I'm wondering what it's like now.

This is all kind of because lack of training. I know you've said that you've been busy lately and stuff like that. I personally think that you are in dire need of a new map to increase your DR. That's probably why you cannot pick up sounds as well as you used to because your ears are used to it, and now it wants more power.

You also kind of need to realize that it takes about a year or so to finally get to the point where you have a tremendous sentence discrimination and scores in your word skills.

i use www.hearingjourney.com and found their training stuff VERY helpful!

Again, if you are frustrated and your audiologist is not answering your calls or emails, get another one. I would do the same thing if I had to go through that when I move to Vegas.

:hug:

I doubt it need more power because with volume and sensitivity on 2 it still hurt.
And she's only CI audiologist in northern part of delaware 2nd one is in Dover (hour and half away) she's only 5 minutes from house and my surgeon will not work with me if I find other audiologist because she's only one he work with so......

I doubt it need more power because with volume and sensitivity on 2 it still hurt.
And she's only CI audiologist in northern part of delaware..........

2nd one is in Dover (hour and half away)

.............. she's only 5 minutes from house and my surgeon will not work with me if I find other audiologist because she's only one he work with so......
Sounds like a trip that might be worth the effort !

Contact your CI company. I know of four people who had the representative go to the audie's office. They were able to fix the problems. The representatives are trained for this. You have the right to ask for assistances from the company.

E-mail at the best of times is not the best medium for getting into touch with someone about something urgent. Lots of businesses only check their e-mails every few days - even ones that deal with deaf clients!

Don't you have a TTY or internet relay? That way you get hold of someone on the spot.

I agree with Vallee's idea about asking for a rep to be present at your programming to assist the audie. I've had a rep at mine quite a few times.

Definitely look into having a rep "assist" - you don't want to hurt your audie's feelings if you're "stuck" with them, so maybe you could find a way to word it that would help - maybe say you were talking with someone and they suggested this because of some kind of new trick or technology or something? If your audie really pushes back at the idea of having someone help her, I would be very wary! Also, has she been an audiologist long? Some more experienced ones don't like change, but others welcome any help or improvement - I suppose that's how it is for people in general!

Also, keeping the relationship with your surgeon becomes less important as time goes on, I think. I mean, people move all over the country, things happen, people retire, etc. - so it's not uncommon for a reimplant or other work to be done by another surgeon. This is especially true once you get past the initial period.

It does worry me somewhat that you're having pain after 6 days of not wearing it - I've occasionally had issues akin to a throbbing pain or a headache if I get overstimulated like at a concert or something, or if I've had the implant on for days straight (sometimes I leave it on at night, bad habit I picked up when Matthew was an infant!). Never, though, has that persisted longer than a day or so, especially once I take the implant off. It sounds like you seriously need to talk to your audie and perhaps surgeon, and make sure that they believe your reports of pain and its location/circumstances! That's very important.

I know but she's alright (audiologist) she just happen to be busy since this is summer now so all college and school-aged kids are out of school so I understand why she don't respond for a while also she have 2 different offices too.

Well today I'm trying out my CI again its set on 2 on V and S right now and so far, no pain or discomfort (probably because house's quiet no tv on right now I don't like watching tv) I'm trying it on again now because I haven't experienced the pain for couple days and figured why don't I try it.
Also I've been thinking about bilateral idea lately, I had dream that I had surprise surgery to do right side I woke up being very scared cuz I didn't want have other one done due to my discomfort while ago and way my favorite music since I was 10 sound horrible and my hearing being strange in right side I think I have "on and off" hearing I forgot the better word oh well, because few time I've experienced during my 2 weeks break that I can hear soft music volume wasn't high at all, and some part of people talking if they talk loudly and few sounds like if I tap knife on my plate sometimes I'll hear it, sometimes I can't its so weird. So I'm afraid to destroy (I know I have too much hope that it'd come back and stay) it.

But then again I realized whatever new technology that comes out it'd be brand new not being tested long enough, have potential of being "trial and error" like brand new phone came out on market first 6 months to a year it'll have so much problems and people will keep fixing it all time till it stop making so much problems. So with my ci design its been same basic design around for 20 years so its very safe, work great and effective, and my right ear is dominant ear and I'm thinking, it might be ok with right ear taking over again and use it as "main ear" and makes my left ear good only for localizing and listening in noisy evironment and sense of balance.... and it also could help a lot in speech comprehension?

I don't know its hard because I'd have to give up heavy metal for long time possibly forever :( and killing my "on and off" residual hearing, and miss out the future technology that could become 128 electrodes ribbon-style electrodes that reach deeper inside cochlea for low frequency........

Hmmmmm

Maybe the CI need to be lowered a tad, then retrain the ear for sounds. I hope you get a doc/audie to see you soon for the head pain . I make sure I do my listening training everyday for one hour. And I listen to mostly country music ( easy on my ears lol ). We are very busy too with warm weather and looking for a bigger house to buy. I do get my one hour of auditory training in somehow. Do keep signing and bf signing . That is vital and less frustrating . Don't beat yourself up, we all have different experiences with CI . My understanding is www.hearingjourney.com only allow people that are candidates or AB users to use thier site .

Keep us posted.

Back