question about starkey aids...

HOH33stars

Reaction score
hello all!
first of all, i missed the ebay auction. i was the highest bidder until the last 30secs, put in my next bid, hit "confirm" and missed winning by one second because it didn't go through quick enough. yeah i wasn't happy either.
ANYWAY...
ended up going to my audiologist...and she said the cheapest set of aids i could get that would suit my hearing loss were the Starkey Destiny 200 BTE. SO that's what i ended up ordering. Does anyone have any experience with these? Please note, these are going to be my first official set of aids (i'm not really counting the loaner one i've been wearing that is open fit-it wasn't programmed to my hearing loss and it only kinda helped...so i haven't had an official set that have been suited for me yet).
What should i expect when i first get them? how do i take care of BTEs? is there any info about the starkey destiny 200s? all that i can really find is info on the destiny 400s and up.
the aids and molds should be in...probably in about a week and a half she said? we'll see! i'm CRAZY excited though!!! :applause:

What kind of recommendation? Be a little more specific please?

Well like how to adjust to wearing a pair of BTEs? Best way to take care of them? How are people going to react to me having aids (i'm in college...)...What is going to happen when i DO get the call to go in and have them programmed? How long does it take to get used to the aids?

I think you need to follow the recommendations of your audiologist for how to care for them and how to get used to them.

About the reaction of classmates, someone with more recent experience than I have should answer you.

But I do think you seem very motivated and I am pretty sure you will make it all work out.

Back