Puerto Rico & Venezuela

PR is really no different from any other place. If you stick with the tourist spots, it's quite beautiful.

I never cease to be amazed by people who want to go to Mexico with the drug wars going on and insist that there are areas "unaffected" by the dangers. Mexico is on the State Department's Travel Warning site as one of the countries U.S. citizens are urged to avoid. PR on the other hand has never been on that list....seems an obvious choice....

Laura

Wow, is was wonderful reading the good things you have experience in Puerto Rico. It is my birth place born in caguas, but from Comerio. If anyone can let me know in advance when the have the deafnation event again it be appreciated. Never knew or attended and would love to.

Wirelessly posted

I found this thead and realize it's old lol does anyone have an update on PR if there is any danger warnings ?[/QUOTE
It is safe to travel to PR it is a commonwealth of the US. However, I always tell anyone who plans to travel anywhere there is always a risk in danger. Unlike other islands you don't need a passport if a us citizen. however, i do recommend a passport since soon it will be mandatory for any air traveling even between states. PR as great shopping, great food, great beaches, but make sure to ask if safe to swim in. Some beaches can be fooling after taking a few steps in then suddenly is very deep.

Wirelessly posted

I found this thead and realize it's old lol does anyone have an update on PR if there is any danger warnings ?

I'm alive after visit PR. See? ta-daaaa

My friends go to PR all the time. I think its OK. I went to venezulea myself. I would never come back again. It's not safe though.

Wirelessly posted

I found this thead and realize it's old lol does anyone have an update on PR if there is any danger warnings ?[/QUOTE
It is safe to travel to PR it is a commonwealth of the US. However, I always tell anyone who plans to travel anywhere there is always a risk in danger. Unlike other islands you don't need a passport if a us citizen. however, i do recommend a passport since soon it will be mandatory for any air traveling even between states. PR as great shopping, great food, great beaches, but make sure to ask if safe to swim in. Some beaches can be fooling after taking a few steps in then suddenly is very deep.

With all travel...just use common sense. San Juan, I heard from an agent that was from there, one has to be careful in San Juan for the high crime...but you could say that about Boston too. Always remember to go with friends and leave with friends so you're safer in a group. Don't get drunk, stay sober and have fun....PR has never had travel warnings except to keep your money and belongings kept from view....PR is far safer than Mexico...which continues to have travel warnings about the dangers of visiting....

We stopped in Puerto Rico on our cruise fifteen years ago. Then a lot of the big drug companies were there, not sure about now. That interested me since my education is pharmacology.

It was raining so hard the streets were flooded. We took a bus to the rain forrest to go horseback riding and there it was sunny. That is about all I know of PR.

I do not think I would ever go to Mexico again. If you stay at a resort I think your OK, but traveling outside of that was pretty scary. A lot of military with huge guns. The beach was beautiful but the little children selling "chicklet gum" everywhere we went was really hard to take.

Back