Protect your kids!!!

Originally Posted by sulwyn
Just a thought...

Have you guys ever considered this?

Maybe a majority of these "sexual offenders" have made a mistake and now are paying for it. They have done their time, in jail and such. But because of this registry, they cannot get a good job, they cannot live in peace.

People swear at them. People try to get them out of houses. People try to get them fired.

Is it any wonder some of them don't report their moves?

Yes, people like you, who don't think about the other side of story. Hear me out, now.

Now, *some* of these people do deserve to be on this registry. Ones that are repeat offenders or violent sexual offenders. But what about one time thing?

I knew a guy who was put on a registry SIMPLY because he had been 21, had sex with a girl who had used FAKE ID and told him she was 18 (and she looked it, too), but in reality was 16. SHE got him in jail.

You think it's fair that HE can't keep a good job, can't have nice peaceful life like us all? He's now in his 40's, and still gets yelled at by people for being a sexual offender. ALL because of a snotty little girl who can't be honest about her age. ALL because of a stupid little law about statutory rape.

That court didn't even take in account the fact she used fake id, lied about her age.

I'm just giving a little example of how people can end up on a sexual offender registry and not honestly deserve it. Many of these people are honestly trying to make a good life for themselves in spite of the meanness they face.

Just like we honestly don't deserve being called "Dumb and Deaf".

I hope this post has made you stop and think.

Not everything looks the way it appears on the surface. Look beyond the surface.

sulwyn

You nailed it perfectly what I want to say but I decided to not say anything about it because I know that some people wouldn't understand. Unlike me... it is very, very brave of you to speak up.

It happened to my friend (in Florida) who is completely innocent in this case. That gal is sick in her brain and she accused my friend because she was rejected by my friend when she wanted to be in sack with him. Actually, my friend found out that she is underage so he told her to go back to her home and it got her angry... so she made up a 'perfect' story by luring him into quiet place right after he was done with his music jig at one of clubs and she chatted with my friend for several minutes. It just hit on my friend that she was looking for trouble so he left without any kind of physical contact. She, of course, called the cops and claimed that she had a sex with my friend (btw, she had a sex with other man before that night). After long hours of court, they sent a innocent man to the jail. One year ago, he got out of the jail and had hard time to get a job or was/still is treated harshly by these people because of falsely 'sex offender' label.

My friend is not only one who suffered by this... There were plenty men/women who are completely innocent and were/are still treated harshly by people in America.

sulwyn, I believe not many people who would give a thought about this case. I would be surprised if there are many people who would. I guess that it is so easy for some people to judge others rather than judge themselves. Anyway, it is very admirable of you to speak up and try to make people to think. Bravo!

:gpost: I thought the same as you as well.

Yeah, in some way its good, but must know the whole info about sex offenders, bec not all sex offenders are actuallly sex offenders. I have some friends who are sex offenders themselves and they were devastated. Have you seen the movie, "Woodman" by Kevin Bacon? It's good movie and seen how friends of mine going thru. If your partner happen to be exposed to minors, regardless the circumstances, you will be automatic be prosecute by calling "indecent exposure to the minors". Indecent exposure not always mean showing off on purpose, or say "hey come on over here" and play with himself. I was stunned what I am hearing. I rather make sure if sex offenders are not harming children. Have to be aware what the person did. Yes, be very wise and watch out for children, but make sure when a person been labelled not always actual sex offenders. I learned alot and thought that is tooo extreme to put the person in the situation like friends of mine going thru. When real sex offender do something stupid to the kids, that make my friends more angry at them all the more and wish to beat the crap out of that guy. News media does lack of all info of a person.

:ugh3: There 5 Sex offenders live next close towns

Of course we must protect my girls! :):)

Back