Pros/Cons of 2 Hearing Aids Better than 1

Nancy

Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of wearing 2 hearing aids than just 1 hearing aid?

For me, it's for safety reasons, and I've read that you know where sound is coming from if you wear 2 aids instead of just only 1 (which I only wear 1 aid in my right ear, because my left unaided ear is deaf and hearing aids do not help me in this ear). I have always do not know where the sound was from, and that I missed some conversation when they speak around my deaf ear when I wasn't looking (even using my right hearing aid, I still miss some words when people talk to me in a certain tone of voice!).

What about your experiences of having 2 hearing aids that may be better than 1 aid or with only 1 aid? :)

Nancy

A few people have tiny ear canals—much too small to properly fit/hold hearing aids/ear molds. Thus you physically can’t wear a hearing aid in that ear.
In that case there is a special type of hearing aid called a bone conduction hearing aid or a Bone Anchored Hearing Aid.

As for the OP, I also wore one hearing aid for a few years. I always think that I can hear really well with one aid...I'm such a dork that sometimes I won't realize that one of my aids is switched off, but then I turn it back on and it's beyond amazing.

I wear only one hearing aid. Wearing two doesn't help me. I guess it's because my right ear is sensitive to low sounds and profoundly deaf to high sounds. :dunno:

I have two hearing aids. but lately I have been wearing my right hearing aid than my left due to "problems" and i dunno, i just like wearing one hearing aids in my right than my left, i guess it a habit now. Anyway I remember one time when i was wearing my hearing aid in my right, my cat would run in my room andout all the time, anyway, I am ssitting on the floor facing the wall of the opposite side of thedoor, chatting with a friend who wassleeping over. Anyway, I always look to my left when i hear my cat running, even though she was running by my right side. It had become an habit now lol. I am trying to wear both aids now, etc to get used to the idea of being able to hear cuz I will be geting a CI soon, and i will wear one aid with the CI, (in the opposite ears lol winks) so lets see lol

Back