Project on deaf comedy

wcrabtree5

Reaction score
hi all!

my name is will and i am a hearing student at an american university. recently i have decided to write a 5 page paper on deaf comedy and deaf comedians. i could find little information on the internet, and therefore was wondering if anyone on here could help me out with any information they know about deaf comedy, maybe a breif background of how it came to be or any websites they know of that may help. any information would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

Sorry, I think it is left up to the Deaf comedians only. Why would you want to do deaf comedy if you are hearing? Are you going to talk in voice to tell the audience what the Deaf comedians said in gags or jokes? Is your signing ASL good to perform to Deaf/Hard of Hearing and Hearing audience with expressions to make the stories or gags. Hearing people don't sign very good and also not good at making expressions because they are not deaf. :roll:

no, im just looking for background information on factual information about the topic of deaf comedy. its for a research paper my asl is no where near good enough to try and sign comedic acts myself yet haha

I'm a big fan of comedy, but I've never heard of any deaf comedians. If you genuinely can't find anything by googling, it might be wise to reconsider the subject of your paper, because I'm sure it is a very niche area.

Back