Profoundly deaf baby reacts to sounds, even voices?

That is why I don't approved of having CI for surgery for very young children like babies or toddlers. It is a lot better to wait until it is definitely for sure that your child is hearing/hard of hearing or deaf. I don't see the rush to put hearing aid or CI on them so early. If he is hard of hearing or deaf, then all you have to do is accept him for his deafness. The medical doctors and surgeons had to jump into making the babies get CIs so early. What is the rush? Give the babies and toddlers a chance to go to their babyhood. Hearing is not important when it come to hard of hearing or deafness. It is not the end of the world for goodness sake. Just keep on signing baby signs or ASL. If he can hear without the aids, then you don't have to worry about that. Mistakes happen. **shaking my head** :(

*nods* Exactly. I know there are some cases where babies have deep profound losses where hearing aids absolutly will not help at ALL.....but kids still developed speech when hearing aids were the only thing available, and when kids only got implanted around two.

Back