Problems with buzzing

Do you know which sound processing strategy you are on, S vs P? Different people respond to strategies a little differently, most people seem to favor one over the other. It is helpful to know which sound processing strategy you are using for each program as well as the IDR, etc.

I personally knew I was an Optima-S person right off the bat, Optima-P gave me more interference sound. S was crisper and cleaner. But I tried P anyway in the beginning.

I agree with others that it could be to your benefit to have your audiologist request an AB audiologist. I am not assuming that the buzzing you are experiencing is an S or P issue, but I am merely pointing out that some programs might offer you better sound quality over other programming strategies. You have to try different ones to figure out what works best for you because everyones brains are different and respond differently to different ways of programming the CI.

Hi. Can you clarify the difference between S and P? Does S mean sequential? And if so, does that mean that strategy is not making use of AB's ability to drive electrodes in parallel? Thx.

Back