Post Surgery - CI questions

Ridemiown

Reaction score
Successfully implanted on Monday but have a few questions that hopefully fellow CI'er's can answer.

1 - How long will the 'squishy' noise in the implanted ear last?

2 - Even rolling over on to that side of the head produces squishy noises as if the ear canal is full of fluid - did anyone else experience this?

3 - it's an odd sensation isn't it? Like you have something up under your scalp! duh..

The most unexpected side effect - the ear ache. No one mentioned the ear ache; not the audi, not the surgeon. So this came as a surprise!

Thanks in advance!

:wave:

I never experinced what you had. Each Hospital is different on the ways they treat their patients pre, during, post op. I am sure it's common to have the problems you are experincing.

Please get someone to give your surgeon/doc a call to be on safe side. We are not medical experts so cannot give you any advice.

Thank you for your response. I'll use relay to call the surgeon this morning.

I read your blog last night Charlotte and really enjoyed reading about your journey!

I had mine done a week and a half ago didn't have a squishy noise but the pain was there if you stopped taking the meds which I did for 2 days, got right back on them too. I just take one Generic Aleve now most of the pain is gone just tenderness now.
When you say ear ache I'm not sure what you are referring to so I will just list a few of my experiences.
Sharp ringing, pain and numbness in and around the outer ear, what felt like shock treatment in pulses to my middle ear, throbbing around surgery site and implant site, neck and headache from throbbing pain. Most of this was was minor except for the two days I didn't take the meds it got more intense.

Ridemiown - hope you don't mind but I would like to post aquestion of my own here rather then make another thread.

Folks - I picked up my processors and all of the accessories. My Audi took 2 hours going through the box and explaining everything to me and my wife. The one question I had she really couldn't answer so here it is.
Hair length and the head piece, I currently have 1 1/2 hair length around the head piece and if I shake my head quickly like jerk it the head piece falls off not sure if it's the magnet. I normally wear my hair a lot shorter but the wife likes it longer so do I need to get a stronger magnet if I continue with the longer hair?

It is possible you might need a stronger magnet. If you do try a stronger magnet make sure it is not causing pain and the skin at the magnet site is not getting irritated. Your audi can get you a stronger magnet if you need it. You might want to try trimming hair shorter at the magnet site.

I have few friends who has various of hair length, yes ask for stronger magent BUT be aware when your implanted site feels sore... the magent is too strong. You can Keep it for when you do sports etc. Have your hair trimmed so the magent sticks on well.

Also another thing is your implant site may be still little swollen hence the magent doesnt stick well... I tried my magent at 2 weeks post implant it kept falling off 2 more weeks later the magent sticks okay it takes a while for the swelling to go. The #2 magent i got with the box sticks well today. I have #3 magent aswell for sports.

Give time..

Thanks set2 and Overthepond!!
Guess I will go ahead and go shorter then let it grow out a bit at a time and test the magnet as I go.

Back