post office cuts saturday

Oh I see, the workers in private companies pay about over $300 to $800 per month for health insurance, so you are lucky to have reasonable health insurance.
To me, it's still expensive due to co-payment. $50 for ER service, not free. $50 for ambulance service, not free. $10 for up to 30-day supply. $250 per admission for inpatient hospitalization and so on. What a rip-off. Compared to my wife's ex-employer under the county of LA, the health insurance cost us nothing and the co-payments were very low. Anyway, I thank God for free dental insurance under her new employer which is State of Calif.

They don't deliver flats (magazines, catalogs, ads, etc) and letters. Wake up, Jiro! USPS will lead parcel deliveries in the near future. You will see.

I forgot to tell you that PMG in his video announcements always said that we don't need to worry about losing our jobs. So if you want to continue talking shit like Txgolfer, go ahead. I will just laugh my ass off.

If congress gets involved, as many taxpayers are demanding, the unfair advantage granted to USPS will most likely be lifted. That would be the near end of USPS.

What you are missing is that taxpayers are pissed. We are tired of the USPS incompetence and waste. We don't want to pay for it any more. The arrogant attitude is part of the reason why.

images

To me, it's still expensive due to co-payment. $50 for ER service, not free. $50 for ambulance service, not free. $10 for up to 30-day supply. $250 per admission for inpatient hospitalization and so on. What a rip-off. Compared to my wife's ex-employer under the county of LA, the health insurance cost us nothing and the co-payments were very low. Anyway, I thank God for free dental insurance under her new employer which is State of Calif.

Those co-pays are EXTREMELY cheap. :lol:

Yes, that's right. Whenever you order online, usually you will be offered different options for delivery. UPS and Fedex cost higher than USPS.

Only because law prohibits them from competing. FedEx and UPS would destroy USPS if they were allowed to compete fairly. It wouldn't even be close.

For my private insurance - $150 for ER service and $100 for ambulance and $10 (generic) to $30-$70 for brand name prescription drugs.

The medical service is getting expensive today.

Compared to my wife's ex-employer under the county of LA, the health insurance cost us nothing and the co-payments were very low. Anyway, I thank God for free dental insurance under her new employer which is State of Calif.

Exactly why California is broke.

Just to clarify about UPS... they do deliver on Saturdays, there is exceptions to some locations that they can not make service. Normally they do Saturday service in metro areas but outside the area will have to wait til next business day. We don't do service on Sundays you can see some UPS semi trucks on the highway, they are just going from hub to hub or warehouses.

I believe FedEx offers similar like UPS does.

As for USPS, anything can happen, only a matter of time will tell.

Oh, forgot to add - UPS does deliver "flats" and still is the world's largest parcel delivery company in the world. :)

Exactly why California is broke.
Those darn unions. Only the wealthy should be able to have good health and good teeth. The rest of us have to prioritize; should I eat, or fix my teeth? Wealthy folks like us to have it that way. Or should I say, they really don't care? Which is more accurate?

Those darn unions. Only the wealthy should be able to have good health and good teeth. The rest of us have to prioritize; should I eat, or fix my teeth? Wealthy folks like us to have it that way. Or should I say, they really don't care? Which is more accurate?

:lol: This is America, no one is forced into labor jobs.

:lol: This is America, no one is forced into labor jobs.
Right. We should all strive to be 1%ers. Funny thing; they are called 1%ers for a reason.

You seem to feel that everyone should work hard for the chance to be wealthy, as you reportedly have done. How is your marriage right now? When you choose career over other things, you sacrifice those other things. Most of us like to see our spouse and children every day. Does that mean we "deserve" to suffer from lack of insured medical care?

What you continue to overlook is that wealth still only comes to a very few. Whether or not that includes you does not matter to me. Regardless, there was a bit of luck involved for any of the wealthy. Hard work does not guarantee wealth, either. I have little time for smugness. Enjoy your friends at Hooters.

Right. We should all strive to be 1%ers. Funny thing; they are called 1%ers for a reason.

You seem to feel that everyone should work hard for the chance to be wealthy, as you reportedly have done. How is your marriage right now? When you choose career over other things, you sacrifice those other things. Most of us like to see our spouse and children every day. Does that mean we "deserve" to suffer from lack of insured medical care?

What you continue to overlook is that wealth still only comes to a very few. Whether or not that includes you does not matter to me. Regardless, there was a bit of luck involved for any of the wealthy. Hard work does not guarantee wealth, either. I have little time for smugness. Enjoy your friends at Hooters.

Economics 101!

free? there's no such a thing as free cookie because taxpayers are paying for it.... which is coming out of your money too lol

Not at all. If my plant closes down, I will be transfered to another plant in LA. As for no more Saturday delivery, it will be more work for letter carriers delivering mails on Mondays. That's not my position to say since I am not a letter carrier.

I would be very cautious about what your union leader promises you. Another plant may not be able to take ya'all in because it's already filled.

don't forget - your job loss means nothing to your union leader as long as he still has a job.

$80k a year per employees is about right. It is not just salary that company pays, they have to pay SS taxes for employee, worker comp coverage, health insurance coverage, retirement, benefits, and so on and it adds up. I know it sounds extreme but it is really conservative number.

The majority of federal workers earn way less. I'm at $46K with two degrees and having started in 1989. Half of my salary goes to gas and commuting costs, the rest is taxes, retirement, health insurance (which BTW refuses to pay for anything when you actually need it), and for leave which is earned by years in service. On a good pay period, after paying my bills and rent, I have two hundred left over to play with or save. A former coworker who started in 1998 is still earning less than $40K, with the same agency, with an accounting degree and veteran's status. Those in the $80K, which I'll probably never earn in my entire life, are management...and management always takes care of themselves. They're the only ones not hurt by the pay freeze which only affects us little people....

Laura

The majority of federal workers earn way less. I'm at $46K with two degrees and having started in 1989. Half of my salary goes to gas and commuting costs, the rest is taxes, retirement, health insurance (which BTW refuses to pay for anything when you actually need it), and for leave which is earned by years in service. On a good pay period, after paying my bills and rent, I have two hundred left over to play with or save. A former coworker who started in 1998 is still earning less than $40K, with the same agency, with an accounting degree and veteran's status. Those in the $80K, which I'll probably never earn in my entire life, are management...and management always takes care of themselves. They're the only ones not hurt by the pay freeze which only affects us little people....

Laura

terrible.... but typical of government jobs... hard work and little pay... :(

terrible.... but typical of government jobs... hard work and little pay... :(

I feel for my coworker earning peanuts. He put his kids through school and they actually earn more than him (and me). Federal service is the only job where you can literally never receive a raise if you don't hustle. You have to leave one federal job and hope you find another that offers advancement. However, most agencies hire applicants at the same low pay they made at their former job until a year in service and they may or may not get the pay increase. The benefits are good because the job stinks....

Laura

I feel for my coworker earning peanuts. He put his kids through school and they actually earn more than him (and me). Federal service is the only job where you can literally never receive a raise if you don't hustle. You have to leave one federal job and hope you find another that offers advancement. However, most agencies hire applicants at the same low pay they made at their former job until a year in service and they may or may not get the pay increase. The benefits are good because the job stinks....

Laura

that's why I rejected a job offer from DLA when I saw the salary they were offering me. It was nowhere close to what I was making at that time. $35k? it's an insult. makes me wonder how is it that the government is the largest employer in here... I guess it's a nice job security and benefit retirement package... oh well... some people are contented with peanuts for life... some people want more.

that's why I rejected a job offer from DLA when I saw the salary they were offering me. It was nowhere close to what I was making at that time. $35k? it's an insult. makes me wonder how is it that the government is the largest employer in here... I guess it's a nice job security and benefit retirement package... oh well... some people are contented with peanuts for life... some people want more.

When I got hired again in 2004 with an M.Ed., I was offered only $30K a year. In five years, I never got a raise. I also had a boss that gave lousy referrals to keep us under him and doing his job. I caught on and eliminated the "may we contact your employer" option from the resume - a risk. Not long after I did, I got hired by a law enforcement agency that literally saved my life and they were the best years of my federal service. I hate that I had to leave them but if you weren't in the military or a cop, there was no advancement. I also have dyscalculia (math learning disability) so I had few options: I couldn't be a cop, an accountant, a Vet, a Vet tech, a nurse, a doctor, in business....I'm more limited by my LD than I am my deafness. There's a high turn over of federal jobs for just the reasons you mention. However, it's the only true stable job out there, especially in this economy and few if any in the private sector can match our benefits.

The only thing I know about the federal cuts for the post office is that the little guys that do the most work are getting screwed.

Laura

Back