Possible Obama Assasination attempt foiled

BradB08

Reaction score
Obama Under Fire? - TMZ.com

A Denver TV station is reporting authorities may have foiled an assassination plot against Barack Obama, and there's talk the suspects may be members of a white supremacy group.

KUSA-TV claims three men are in custody after a routine traffic stop in Aurora (near Denver) turned up two rifles, high-powered scopes, ammo and meth. The man in the car led authorities to a hotel where another suspect jumped out of a fourth floor window in an attempt to escape.

A third guy was busted at another hotel but the info on him is sketchy.

The arrests went down yesterday. The TV station says sources said "Two of the men had tattoos and jewelry popular with white supremacists."

The mugshot inset in the photo is of one of the suspects, Tharin Gartrell.

More information will come soon. I couldn't find any other links.

Good thing they were stopped. I'm getting sick of the hateful narrative that our right-wing is pushing against Obama. It's making me people snap like this. :mad:

oh wow if that happened before he's president, there's no telling how many more attempts could be on the way during his presidency

I could not find any other reference to it. How terrible if we go through another time like the 1960's, with the shootings of the Kennedy brothers and Martin Luther King.

Obama Under Fire? - TMZ.com

More information will come soon. I couldn't find any other links.

Good thing they were stopped. I'm getting sick of the hateful narrative that our right-wing is pushing against Obama. It's making me people snap like this. :mad:

Thank God it was members of a White Supremacist group. At least they aren't intelligent enough to actually get away with it.

But all sarcasm aside...this is a frightening country we live in. Yeah, buddy...we need to make sure more people are going armed!! That'll fix everything.

LOL All plots always ended with a simple traffic violation. Just like Tim McVeigh. EPIC FAIL!

fail-owned-tire-fail.jpg

LOL All plots always ended with a simple traffic violation. Just like Tim McVeigh. EPIC FAIL!

fail-owned-tire-fail.jpg

Tim McVeigh blew up a building and killed children, not to mention adults. How the hell is that an EPIC FAIL?

Tim McVeigh blew up a building and killed children, not to mention adults. How the hell is that an EPIC FAIL?

because like you said - "... they aren't intelligent enough to actually get away with it." EPIC FAIL for them to think they're not gonna get caught... hence "all plots always ended with a simple traffic violation." I guess you're not so intelligent now this time.... :roll:

Glad they caught those guys. A 750 yard shot? Hmmmm....

because like you said - "... they aren't intelligent enough to actually get away with it." EPIC FAIL for them to think they're not gonna get caught... hence "all plots always ended with a simple traffic violation." I guess you're not so intelligent now this time.... :roll:

Uh, you compared it to Tim McVeigh. Try to stay with me here. Tim McVeigh accomplished exactly what he set out to do. He was apprehended after the fact. And he was a survivalist, not a White Supremacist.

Uh, you compared it to Tim McVeigh. Try to stay with me here. Tim McVeigh accomplished exactly what he set out to do. He was apprehended after the fact. And he was a survivalist, not a White Supremacist.

He may not have been a white supremacist per se but he did contribute a lot of his quotes to The Turner Diaries as well as for retaliating against the federal government in their handling of Ruby Ridge and Waco.

I would say he was a white supremacist by guilt of association even though he wasn't an ardent supporter of it's idealogies.

As for the survivalist--are you sure your not confusing Tim McVeigh with Ted Kaczinkzky?

Now he was a survivalist!

He may not have been a white supremacist per se but he did contribute a lot of his quotes to The Turner Diaries as well as for retaliating against the federal government in their handling of Ruby Ridge and Waco.

I would say he was a white supremacist by guilt of association even though he wasn't an ardent supporter of it's idealogies.

As for the survivalist--are you sure your not confusing Tim McVeigh with Ted Kaczinkzky?

Now he was a survivalist!

Nope, not confusing the 2 at all....but Ted Kaczinsky was a survivalist in the extreme. And yes, the survivalist militia groups share some of the same ideologies as the White Supremacists, though not all.

Nope, not confusing the 2 at all....but Ted Kaczinsky was a survivalist in the extreme. And yes, the survivalist militia groups share some of the same ideologies as the White Supremacists, though not all.

Thanks for clairfying.

It's an epic fail because if he succeeded in blowing up the building, he should've known how to avoid getting pulled over for something stupidly simple like a missing license plate.

It's an epic fail because if he succeeded in blowing up the building, he should've known how to avoid getting pulled over for something stupidly simple like a missing license plate.

there we go... he understood. BTW - he got pulled over for speeding.

** Correction - you are correct about plate. I just double-checked it. I could have sworn he was pulled over for speeding.

He still succeeded in accomplishing his purpose. I doubt seriously that the survivors of the bombing nor the families of the deceased would consider his blowing up of the buidling a failure. That was my point.

He was an extremist, and stated on many occasions that his being arrested, tried, convicted, and executed simply added to his statement.

He still succeeded in accomplishing his purpose. I doubt seriously that the survivors of the bombing nor the families of the deceased would consider his blowing up of the buidling a failure. That was my point.

He was an extremist, and stated on many occasions that his being arrested, tried, convicted, and executed simply added to his statement.

Plot doesn't always mean planning to carry out the terrorist mission. I'm sure he plotted to execute the mission and not get caught. but he got caught because of missing plate (thanks RedFox), didn't he?

1. White Supremacists' plot failed to assassinate Obama (allegedly) because of erratic driving.
2. Tim McVeigh was caught couple hours later because of missing plate
3. Feb. 2008 - 2 men on terrorist watch list was caught at Arizona border because of suspicious traffic violations

So my comment is specifically toward to terrorists being caught over simple traffic violation. Hence - "All plots always ended with a simple traffic violation." get it? It's best if you just sssssshhhh

shh.gif

However - I must point out that ya'all not seeing this news about Obama assassination in big news stations yet because it's unconfirmed. They do not know yet if it's really connected to Obama assassination or not. We don't wanna cause some riot and fear like MLK all over again, don't we?

Back