Police use Taser on deaf crime victim

I sure hope this costs the PD a lot of money in a lawsuit that will also mandate Deaf awareness training.

This would not happen in Houston. I know it would not because we have P.I.P. and all officers go through training for conduct with the deaf community. Our dispatches have a coded phases separate for if the deaf is an assumed victim or an assumed suspect. Each events is treated different because of circumstances and the results are shared (with protection of the names of all persons involved) with the P.I.P. group for evaluation. This not only protects and helps the deaf community but also empowers the officers learning experience. The deaf communities all over America can and should set up a P.I.P. organization, if each city did all deaf in America benefit.
I remember you mentioned it before but I don't recall asking you whether Houston is the only city that has a PIP in Texas or not. What about Dallas and Austin? Anyway, when and how did it start?

Anybody heard whether or not she's gotten a lawyer to sue the crap out of Tacoma. If money's a problem, I'll donate $200. Anybody else want to help give the Tacoma Police some REAL WORLD TRAINING? ? ?

Browning>>>
tgbrowning@yahoo.com

Back