Please recommend me a cell phone for text messaging

I have a sidekick tmobil to send phone message text to my son's phone cell (Verizon). We usually communicate each other via text message It is worth for both of Deaf parents with hearing children as emergency.

We love this technology nowadays. :D

You mean your son has a text cellphone? Sarbina

DVDFreaker said:
Really? You can talk on the phone? Cool, on www.amazon.com, it's $249 bucks but I'm going to look around and see if I can find it cheaper...

Hello Mark,
Nah, I'm profoundly deaf therefore I don't talk on the phone. I use Nokia 6820 for Text Messagings and email. Includes the net as well albeit a limited one.
Wow, that's cheap! :shock:
I'm afraid I shelled out over 500 bucks for this phone but I'll make sure it's worth it in the long run ;)
Don't forget it's more expensive in Australia.

Good luck with your hunt for a cellphone that'll have everything you want and need.

Cheers :D

DVD i have sidekick WITH cell phone planner for only under 40 bucks with tmoblie, u see its for my parents, it has the text messaging ( unlimited) has AIM, has e mail, has WWW as well. so this has been a real benfit for me as i use it only for work and checking sites out when needed... i do research on there and have mapquest for the directions to locations i need to go to for my work, i also have a decent add on bonus, i usually Do not use the cell phone often and when i do get a phone call i fwd it to my answering machine and then go to the regular phone and check my message it's all good for me :) Sidekick has a good planner for tmoblie users and having that is a real plus for me. the thing is the Cell itself needs a louder volume for the HOH like me, but i like i said dont use it often, as for my families and when they call i know its them, they usually only call if emergency or ofc being protective parents they are, they ofc check up on me. and i do call them when im running late and charges only 20 cents a minute. which also is helpful when im on a budget!!! but if u dont want the cell phne itself but do want text message and AIM/E mail base, and unlimited internet, then this would be ur best option. and all for only 30 bucks a month.... and it costs reasonable check out Deafpager.com or go to amazon or check www.tmobile.com and theres also good reasonable prices there too, i have gotten a good decent rebates too! Am planning to upgrade to treo600 later on in feb when my contract ends with the service and go from there i will not trust att and or verizon as they cut off and charge ridculous prices. good luck in ur endevor to find the best ones u want...

Sidekick Is Best Package Services!

DVDFreaker said:
Please reccomend me a cell phone for text messaging, I might want a cell phone for Christmas but the problem is that last time nobody pages me which fucking sucks, haha, hopefully if I get a cell phone for Christmas, I can post the text message adress to page me to talk or whatever, keep in mind, I don't want a pager, I want a cell phone, know any good cell phones? Oh yeah, if the cell phone has aim or aol, it would be a bonus! Thanks! :)
:bump: , Sir? excuse.. ooop.. Hey it must be you DVDFreaker?! , ahh that is you! Yeah, I hear the rumors that you doubt about cellphone.. I strongly recommendin you to get sidekick 2, it is totally full packages for deaf folks what they looking for.. but I :fingersx: t-mobile service coverage in your location... don't follow me, just take my advice as like I said, " HIGHLY RECOMMEND". :D good luck with your decision!

VampryoX,
Blackberry and Ogo are not cell phones.

NOT TRUE! Modern BlackBerry (number 5810 and later) are all cellphones too! I don't use the cellphone feature, but all the newer BlackBerry models are cellphones!

They are TTY compatible too, when connected to an external TTY by cable, such as Ultratec/C ... Good if you need to accept incoming calls, or make TTY calls ... not just relay. Personally, I only use relay so I use IP-Relay using the BlackBerry keyboard.

Back