Please don't laugh but with a CI

lilraysofhope

Reaction score
Please don't laugh but with the new

totally implanted devices how does one actually turn it off?? Would you never get total peace and quiet?

Last edited:
I don't have an implant.

But from my understanding it's quite similar to HA's because it has the same on/off switch depending on the brand, however, one must take off the magnet as well.

I'm sure they get total peace and quiet without CI, and providing they don't have Tinnitus.

I don't have an implant.

But from my understanding it's quite similar to HA's because it has the same on/off switch depending on the brand, however, one must take off the magnet as well.

I'm sure they get total peace and quiet without CI, and providing they don't have Tinnitus.

Actually, the OP was talking about TOTALLY implanted device. That's a heck of a good question. I have no clue. Maybe there's a remote that goes with the implant that can turn on/off. There has to be a way to adjust the volume, and changing programs. I can't imagine having just one program, with the same volume. I like having a variety of choices, and T-Coil for music/telephone.

Nope there's no turn off switch from what I've read about, it said it stay on 24/7 and only used magnet on head to charge the internal battery 1-2 hours once to twice a week.
I agree about not good idea cuz its better to have volume control and programs to choose from

I have plan for 5-10 years later in future for my right ear if I only have 3 future ci to choose from, totally implantable ci/ha, or ribbon-like electrode that goes in much deeper and have 48 electrodes, or hybrid ci I'll go for ribbon-like electrode one because it will go in deepest that none of other could go in and give me sooo much more of low frequency sounds.
:)

from what i have read, if you take of the processor wouldn't that mean u have nothing to process the internal part meaning that is the "off" part...

Actually, the OP was talking about TOTALLY implanted device. That's a heck of a good question. I have no clue. Maybe there's a remote that goes with the implant that can turn on/off. There has to be a way to adjust the volume, and changing programs. I can't imagine having just one program, with the same volume. I like having a variety of choices, and T-Coil for music/telephone.

Ah, I didn't realise she was asking about something else. By the sound of this device, I wouldn't go for it! I'd go bonker.

Nope there's no turn off switch from what I've read about, it said it stay on 24/7 and only used magnet on head to charge the internal battery 1-2 hours once to twice a week.
I agree about not good idea cuz its better to have volume control and programs to choose from

I have plan for 5-10 years later in future for my right ear if I only have 3 future ci to choose from, totally implantable ci/ha, or ribbon-like electrode that goes in much deeper and have 48 electrodes, or hybrid ci I'll go for ribbon-like electrode one because it will go in deepest that none of other could go in and give me sooo much more of low frequency sounds.
:)

Otologics fully implantable hearing aid does have a remote to control volume and turn it off and on. You usually have to wear some sort of head band sometimes while you sleep to charge the batteries.

Otologics fully implantable hearing aid does have a remote to control volume and turn it off and on. You usually have to wear some sort of head band sometimes while you sleep to charge the batteries.

Oh that's a damper in the romance department if you just happen to get the urge in the middle of the night. It reminds me of orthodontics overnight braces that Jan wore on Brady Bunch.

If your talking about the internal implant in the head.

It only powered by the processor by the Electromagnetic induction when the headpiece is close to the internal implant.

So when we remove headpiece mean no Electromagnetic induction are tranmistting to the implant then the implant powers down and is off until it. The headpiece tranmist both processor signal and the Electromagnetic induction to power on the implant.

Soon we will have similar thing on our desk like a pad plugged into wall and we can put our cell phone on pad and it would charge up the battery without plugging it in by Electromagnetic induction. Or charge up digital camera or laptop etc.

It called wireless charger.

Here an example of one Splash Power - The Wireless Gadget Charger » Coolest Gadgets

Boy, I am soooo glad I don't need CI in my head. Hearing aid is all I need on my only left ear. You can just control your sound low or high and take the hearing aid off when you are in the shower or go swimming in the lake or pool. Also you don't have to worry about being hit in the head by mistake. There are some advantages and lot of disadvantages even if I have never use CI. :dunno:

Boy, I am soooo glad I don't need CI in my head. Hearing aid is all I need on my only left ear. You can just control your sound low or high and take the hearing aid off when you are in the shower or go swimming in the lake or pool. Also you don't have to worry about being hit in the head by mistake. There are some advantages and lot of disadvantages even if I have never use CI. :dunno:

CI users can control sound just like hearing aid.

We take the CI processor off when we go shower or go swimming in lake or pool or scuba diving just like hearing aid.

Nobody want to be hit in the head in the first place! CI or Hearing aid both.

Try researching via google next time before making rash judgement.

CI users can control sound just like hearing aid.

We take the CI processor off when we go shower or go swimming in lake or pool or scuba diving just like hearing aid.

Nobody want to be hit in the head in the first place! CI or Hearing aid both.

Try researching via google next time before making rash judgement.

AMEN.
:ty:

If there were a totally implanted device that had its own battery power or something like that, I really hope there'd be a way to turn it off via remote! One of the really nice things about having an implant is the ability to skip out on the undesirable sounds - significant other snoring, loud machinery, really horrible music... ;p

Back