Please advice on 2 things: School & Hopsital

H.o.H_Angel

Reaction score
First question: Can the financial aid deny an appeal against them from a couple semesters ago for the upcoming semester, if they said because of me going deaf was a one time thing it wasn't 'enough' to appeal. I think it's wrong. Doesn't that go against the Disability Act or something?

And, two: I went to the hospital about two weeks ago. I text my interpreter to meet me at the hospital. She never came. I asked what happened the next time I saw her. She said she tried calling back the hospital and they hung up on her. Is there something I could do about that? It was awful experience the hospital couldn't understand me and the one person that knew little sign didn't make any sense. I had given the lady my interpreter's card and she didn't even look at it.

Any advice?

First of all, find different hospital if you can. I am sure there are a lot of them that would love to have your business. If one hospital doesn't know how to deal with a person who is deaf, I am sure the one next door will be happy to accommodate you. I won't waste my time educating them. I would tell them what a terrible service they offer and that you will take your business somewhere else.

It is just my opinion, but as individuals, we should not have to waste our time educating others about disabilities. If they don't get it now, they will never get it.

It was the only hospital in town. I moved towns, so hopefully this one is better. I am still having trouble with school though. I need that financial aid and it's wrong there are people that get it and leave once it comes and don't deserve it. I am so close to graduating and I don't know if I can get through another semester without financial aid.The same school from my old town has a campus here, but this campus doesn't offer my classes, so I'll have to take the bus. which gets pricey.

Back