playstation 3

bluegecko474

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what is the different PS3 40GB, 60GB, and 80GB? What I have read and I see 60GB and 80GB is about the same but the 40GB dont have very many option. Happy with 40GB?? I heard 60GB and 80GB is on sale for $499 and 40GB will be $399.

Can anybody tell me what is the different PS3 40GB, 60GB, and 80GB? What I have read and I see 60GB and 80GB is about the same but the 40GB dont have very many option. Happy with 40GB?? I heard 60GB and 80GB is on sale for $499 and 40GB will be $399.

60GB PS3 is already discontinued.

Only different of 40GB and 80GB PS3 is... 40GB has 2 USB port and no BC with old PS1/PS2 games, plus of course about less space due 40GB, other... 80GB has 4 USB port, support BC with PS1/PS2 games via emulation and more spaces due 80GB.

40GB PS3 will come out in Nov 2...

You mean that I cannot play old PS2 games on the 40GB?

What about the memory card for PS3?

Yup, that's correct.

There's no memory card on PS3, you only use hard drive to save the games, also if you need transfer then use USB flash driver.

I brought PS3 80GB with Motorstorm game for $499 yesterday. I am happy with the system and game. It was awesome and better than PS2. I have not start the network yet but I will do it tonight. Amazing stuff. Pretty expensive but it was all worth it. I guess I am lucky because I got it on sale. WINK!

I believe that Sony offer on PS3 on features are UNFAIR, lot of vary disadvantage.

I brought PS3 80GB with Motorstorm game for $499 yesterday. I am happy with the system and game. It was awesome and better than PS2. I have not start the network yet but I will do it tonight. Amazing stuff. Pretty expensive but it was all worth it. I guess I am lucky because I got it on sale. WINK!

It's actually not on sale, 80GB PS3's price cut has already been passed, such as Best Buy.

PowerON, Who cares about unfair? Wii isn't fair to me due lacks of performance and behind of PS3 and Xbox 360.

OIC, i thought it was on sale. I didn't buy it from Best Buy, I brought it at RC Willey on the western states. I went to Target and they would not lower the price. I told them, have you heard the news? They said that they will talk to the manager, i told them to forget about it and I am not wasting my time for that.

PowerON, what is your point? Nobody cares if it was unfair and that is what the business is for.

It used to be only ONE console of everything to sell. Now, there are 6 model of PS3 that offer more features or not. That's ridiculous.

It used to be only ONE console of everything to sell. Now, there are 6 model of PS3 that offer more features or not. That's ridiculous.

It's Sony's choice to make improve the consumer satisfaction and mainly compete with Xbox 360, plus MS did changed the model for Xbox 360.

For 6 models, that incorrect, only 4 models in total since 2 models are discontinued.
20GB (discontinued)
40GB
60GB (discontinued but still remains in some place)
80GB

OIC, i thought it was on sale. I didn't buy it from Best Buy, I brought it at RC Willey on the western states. I went to Target and they would not lower the price. I told them, have you heard the news? They said that they will talk to the manager, i told them to forget about it and I am not wasting my time for that.

PowerON, what is your point? Nobody cares if it was unfair and that is what the business is for.

lol, yup... Wal-mart and Target looks like too behind of Best Buy and other electronic stores.

PowerOn, you forgot one major thing....it comes with blu ray player. Stand Alone Blu Ray player cost as much or even more than a PS3. For the price, you get a PS3 AND a blu ray player. I believe it's a bang for the buck!

PowerOn, you forgot one major thing....it comes with blu ray player. Stand Alone Blu Ray player cost as much or even more than a PS3. For the price, you get a PS3 AND a blu ray player. I believe it's a bang for the buck!

Yes, and it's one of the best Blu-ray Disc players available on the market. Though you are now able to get some Blu-ray Disc standalone players for $400 or less in some places. I would say several models are now in the $400-$500 range. The prices are still coming down. Actually, faster than DVD players from what it looks like. I remember that many low-end DVD players were still at least $400 in 1999, 2 years after launch.

Back