Pioneer shows off new disc

Whoa the technology is advancing way too fast. We better not switch to those discs for movies that soon. I think Blu Ray is impressive enough for years to come.

Wow, 16-layer 400GB optical discs. I can't image that the Blank DVD 16layer 400GB into DVD RW drive will write it like forever about 2 days to complete.

Whoa the technology is advancing way too fast. We better not switch to those discs for movies that soon. I think Blu Ray is impressive enough for years to come.
I agree that..

Interesting...and even Hideo Kojima himself (Metal Gear Solid creator) who said that even a dual layer 50GB blu-ray disc wasnt enough to hold information in Metal Gear Solid 4.

Of course, I think it is because of dolby digital surround sound, and those weird ass "Japanese commericals" that put up too much information into the disc.

Oh well...the cutscenes are obviously alot longer than Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear solid 3's cutscenes so yea it still beat it.

Now I wonder if Hideo Kojima is considering of using that disc for the next Metal Gear Solid game? Now that would be very interesting to see how it works...

however, with those kind of discs, I bet they would be even more expensive than the blu-ray discs. :/

Let's see what the future lies ahead of us.

Back