PHP files on every page?

ddcamp

Reaction score
Hey Designers or Developers,

I'm recent-graduated Web Designer and I have been asked to do Pisigns.com maintenance at their website and I ran into their website which it was coded in PHP language on every web pages?

I just got Associate Certificate in Web Technologies from BCIT, and Graphic Essentials (Photoshop, GIMP, and others), Dreamweavor, XHTML, CSS, Javascript, and Flash with Actionscript are all of my major tools for designing/developing websites for my kind line of work.

I have very little experience in PHP, ASP and MySQL - I understand how it runs and according to my knowledge - these programmings are used for databases, records, e commerce and others ? Or does they have reason to be on these websites? Or some developers do it to make them look more sophisticated on these kind of stuff? or ?

I came to this point that I'm not sure if I should go ahead, continue to work with these web pages in PHP... try to go around and do the maintenance at their website..

or do a quick re-do in xhtml 1.0 with css, javascript and minor Flash contents on the website - it will take couple of days to complete the similar look to current website?

Wondering if it is worth to have PHP on every web page or what? Just want to learn a little about PHP and others if you guys could give me some feedback or answers to the question to why do it have to be coded in PHP for every web pages?

I'm planning to continue taking more courses to get certification, diploma and maybe BA degree in Web Technologies. I'm pretty sure I will learn these kind of programming languages out there someday.. it will be cool if I receive some feedback from you guys.

Thank you,
DDCAMP

ps hell yeah, I'm deaf..

Any nonstatic content is a candidate for PHP (or Rails, ASP.net, Java, etc).

PHP programming is easy to learn. My site is in PHP and nowadays, Php is a must in my opinion.

Back