Phones for the deaf with low vision?

Yadavalli

Reaction score
Help!

My friend who is deaf and has low vision (blind in one eye and the other is pretty poor) and she is very social and likes to keep in touch with her friends. So, she is looking for a really good phone with good font that can be adjusted to be large and bold for easy reading, and she also needs qwerty keyboard as well. She tried HTC EVO but is disappointed in it - it is not really suitable for those with poor vision (the font cannot be made bold, for example).

So...any suggestion which phone will be good for her? :hmm:

android market see handcent(app) setting notication setting see vibate pattern choice short or long rings

Fonts handcent setting see bubble setting or conversation list setting see fonts (contact or subject or date or front color) have fonts big to small size.....

my htc evo with handcent ..... smile

Help!

My friend who is deaf and has low vision (blind in one eye and the other is pretty poor) and she is very social and likes to keep in touch with her friends. So, she is looking for a really good phone with good font that can be adjusted to be large and bold for easy reading, and she also needs qwerty keyboard as well. She tried HTC EVO but is disappointed in it - it is not really suitable for those with poor vision (the font cannot be made bold, for example).

So...any suggestion which phone will be good for her? :hmm:

Apple - Accessibility - iPhone - Vision

Go down page till you see zoom and White On Black.

Also it's ready for wireless braille.
Apple - iPhone 4 - Accessibility features are built right in

You may be on to something. My friend is now considering buying IPhone sometime next month, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks all!

Back