Phonak Naidia users

rongarrett

Reaction score
I have a pair of Phonak Naidia UP IX aids and an icom waiting at the Audi's for fitting Monday. Looking for a heads up on what to look for in the fitting. Hoping to learn any common problems to focus on.

This relates to all HAs, if your Audi has the equipment have him/her do REM (real ear measurement). S/he may wait till your next appt to do it. I have both low & high freq loss so this help adjust the fact that I was initially given too much bass by the computer.

Are you getting the iCom or ComPilot. I have both (replaced the iCom with the ComPilot). Though I can't use the remote with my pre-Spice Naidas, I'm enjoying the other features...longer battery life, vol control when streaming, optional shorter neckloop.

I'm happy with my Naidas.

My mistake. It is indeed the Compilot. My head is still reeling from all the research I did on HA's. Lots of choices out there. I will mention the REM to my audi later in the fitting process as you recomended. My current HA's are in the ear. They do a pretty good job, but do not have enough power. Looking forward to upgraded hearing with the Naidias.

My mistake. It is indeed the Compilot. My head is still reeling from all the research I did on HA's. Lots of choices out there. I will mention the REM to my audi later in the fitting process as you recomended. My current HA's are in the ear. They do a pretty good job, but do not have enough power. Looking forward to upgraded hearing with the Naidias.

I understand. I went through that (research) a few years ago when I had money to get the best available for my loss & needs. I even switched audie only because mine was not able, at that time, to fit me with the Naidas & I was impatient to wait. My old Audie did not have the expensive equipment to do the REM. Because I had done my research, one of my requirements for a new Audie was the REM testing. I'm glad I did that. As it turns out, I probably had the same issue with the bass with my "old" (only had them 2 years but they were old technology at the time I got them) HAs but never bothered/remembered to tell her about it (it was a subtle issue).

This thread might help you out :) it's a few pages long but the poster updates his progress on adjustments throughout the thread. Don't be alarmed or think I'm a moron because he's got the Phonak Ambras :D The Naida IX have the same spice technology that the Ambras have so they have all the same zoom features and whatnot. In particular he at points he talks about what features were more helpful to have on automatic and what programs to have manual :D

it's from the hearingaidforum hearingaidforums.com/showthread.php?t=12801

Thanks to all. In the morning I hope to be exposed to the most useful cure for somethiing I have ever experienced, {naidia IX}.

Back