Phonak Naida

the Naida S is the newest line of Naidas available from Phonak, has the Spice technology built into them. I don't know much about the Spice technology.

I don't even know how much my IX cost, Medicaid covered the costs.

Naida S....I have never heard of them before??

the Naida S is the newest line of Naidas available from Phonak, has the Spice technology built into them. I don't know much about the Spice technology.

I don't even know how much my IX cost, Medicaid covered the costs.

Yup... its the Spice chip. and they are water resistant... I haven't had any issues with that part of them. Rain or shine I can wear them... haven't been thrown into a pool yet... or taken a shower with them on (oh that would hurt my head) but they are water resistant...

Don't get them, Dixie. Seriously. Look for something else. Oticon are much more durable and last longer, on top of the fact that they are better technology to begin with.

Phonak is a shitty company these days. Their iCom and FM systems are garbage. I don't even use mine anymore.

that's why I chose to give Oticon another try after I felt my old ones (also Oticon) were crap in the BG noise. but, I ♥ Oticon now since it has neat stuff like the Streamer!

ALL of the Naidas are supposed to be water resistant though, not just the new S line. What gives? haha I think Phonak must've messed up something with the previous Naidas when it comes to water resistant. hmmmm

So Phonak is fruading Naida users into thinking their HAs are water-resistant?

These are designed for Severe-to-profound though, correct? I need something that can take abuse. I work on a farm, anything and everything can come in contact with it at some point.

Meh, my latest one is water resistent. Never had a problem with it. Even walked into the shower with it a few times by accident, been hit with a surprise sprinkler and a surprise wave and spent a year in the bay area rain. No problem at all.

My last Nadia wasn't water resistant so it would cut out when it got wet.....even from sweat, but it would work fine after drying out. It was tough though....until i crushed it.

Beach Girl loves hers too.

Looking at Naida's

I received my first HA about 18 mos ago. A Phonak Audeo Yes.

I have Mod-severe loss in the ear I use the Audeo, but Moderately Severe - Profound loss in the other ear. (sensorineural) When I was fitted with the Audeo, we tried 2 of them ... but there was no appreciable benefite in my "bad" ear... so I couldnt see spending the money.

Oddly, my Audi didnt suggest anything else. Now, My "bad" ear has deteriorated more, and in August she recommend a CI eval. Still, no mention of Power HA Like the Naida, Oticon Sumo etc. I am now smater about what is out there and solutions and that there are BTE's for profound loss.

So tomorrow , as I go to pick up my ICOM (cuz using the phone is getting very difficult), I am going to ask is there isnt a solution other than CI for my "bad" ear.. like the Naida IX etc.

Any helpful thoughs form this group would be appreciated !! Have just found this site this evening :)

Bill

I don't agree . My phonak naidas works great. It requires effective programming and a bit longer acclimatization time due to the soundrecover . It took me eight weeks.

I'm not saying that everyone will like phonaks and this is true for other brands, too. Try several brands and see if it works for you then make your decision.

I don't agree . My phonak naidas works great. It requires effective programming and a bit longer acclimatization time due to the soundrecover . It took me eight weeks.

I'm not saying that everyone will like phonaks and this is true for other brands, too. Try several brands and see if it works for you then make your decision.

How long have you had them? Mine worked great for the first two years.

The FM system and iCom/Bluetooth perform poorly for the price, IMO.

Meh, my latest one is water resistent. Never had a problem with it. Even walked into the shower with it a few times by accident, been hit with a surprise sprinkler and a surprise wave and spent a year in the bay area rain. No problem at all.

My last Nadia wasn't water resistant so it would cut out when it got wet.....even from sweat, but it would work fine after drying out. It was tough though....until i crushed it.

Beach Girl loves hers too.

Way-ull, that's a bit strong. I haven't had any problems with them as far as cutting out on me or anything like that, but I'm open to looking for something that has a nicer sound quality. There is something sort of harsh and echo-ey about these.

There's good things and frustrating things about them. So far I have not, in fact, found anything better, so there ya go. If you call that "love." :hmm:

My Naidas from day one have been a huge improvment even before adjustments were made. I cant imagine life without them and chances are when these die assuming i can still use aids i would get some more.

Also I want to add that mine are not Naidas; they are Savia Arts. I would like to try the Naidas, but so far have not.

Im excited to be getting my Naida SP III's in a couple of weeks I can't wait!

that's great to hear, almost got a Naida but I went with a very cool state of the art as U see in my pro pic :) $227 for a pair like mine was a good buy for me lol.

also have fun with the Naidas!!!!

I've only had my Naidia s lll for two days now. Already found out that bluetooth is much clearer if person I am calling has strong signal and a good bluetooth capable phone. It is only as good as the signal it receives. When an incoming cal lcomes in it is crystal clear if the signal is strong and there is not a lot of noise on the callers end. Microphones are cut off on my end so even if I am in a noisy environment, my voice is crystal clear. Can't say about the other end. I try to get in a quiet place as possible so the other party has a chance to receive a good signal too. I am a farmer and on a tractor a lot. I have to turn if off as a diesel makes a lot of noise. 95 degrees today. Sweat? You betcha. Not a problem at all. So far I love the naidias. Talking on the phone for the first time in three years. Hearing understandable conversation. Audi still has more progrming to do. If they get better I will be in "hog heaven".

Unfortunately I have to wait for my Audi to mail them to me. Im in South Korea working for the next 6 months so she's going to program them with the settings of my old aids and then if they need to be adjusted I have to take them to the on sight Audi here.

Back