Phonak FM and Noizfree H-2ST

efigalaxie

Reaction score
I am getting ready to buy a phonak FM system. I am going with the Smartlink+ which will give me - Remote control of my Savia Art 311dSZs, FM Microphone, Direct connection of audio sources, Bluetooth connection of both Handset/Handsfree/Music Streaming. It seems to be the best combination of several things. Now my question relates to the Receiver side.

MyLink receiver or Individual MLXi receivers???????
Set aside tcoil noise pickup and campare the pros and cons of the receivers.
If I get the MLXi receivers, how badly will it impact battery life?? My 13 batteries last about 7 - 10 days now. I get the WalMart 16 pack for $13.
With a MLXi on each ear, will I be getting a separate left and right signal through the system so that stereo sources hooked to the smartlink+ either directly or w/ Bluetooth are actually heard in stereo?? For darn near $4000 for the 2 MLXi, Smartlink+, and boots.....I hope so.

I have already bought a Noizefree H-2ST off ebay for $75 new. They are dual hook and loop. Anyone with experience with these?? I like the idea of the dual hook for true stereo.

I would go with the actual mlxi FM receivers especially if ya going to be using the Smartlink as hand free for cell use. You don't want the mylink and Smartlink around your neck at both times. There would be a lot round your neck and i personally would find it annoying. It is not stereo tho.

I use 2 ml10i FM receivers and Smartlink and the signal is so good that is counteracts it not been in stereo.

You could get the integrated receivers for your hearing aids so you don't have to think about them as they will always be on your hearing aids as its a built in battery draw.

My ML10is are the same. Yours would be ML9is.

Receivers - ML9i | Phonak - life is on

The good thing with the intrgated receivers are that there is less bulk behind your ears as well and as its just a change of battery draws, you'll only need to take care of the Smartlink as the ml9is will always be on your hearing aids.

Having the ml9is on your hearing aids at all time means you will always be set up if you would get a call from your cell with your Smartlink.

Receivers

Won't the universal MLXI receivers autochange the program to fm when they get a signal as well. I like the idea of being able to use them with a future hearing aid.

Yep I think so if your HAs have the EasyFM option in the software. You'll have to ask your audiologist about that one.

The myLink won't have the auto change (EasyFM) option as it works on t coil.

Back