Personal Space and those who invade it

Wirelessly posted

jillio said:
My son is a personal space violator. He gets right in my face and fingerspell for me... I keep reminding him to back up alittle but he keep forgetting. I love him!

Awww...sweet! Kids can invade my personal space anytime!:P

+1 Little hugs from tiny arms and hands... gimme gimme!

I hate people getting to close to them, too close to smell their breath!! Doesn't happen much anymore, used to often when I was young.

I can lipread much better if there 1 metre gap between us than any closer. My mum doesn't get that, she get too close and I don't like that and it impossible to lipread so close.

yeah- it bothers me when they do that. when they do, if it someone i dont care for, I would fake hold my nose and go brap! whew! nice fart! they always seem to back up and then keep thier distance even when they realize I was joking. sadly, i haven't had to do this for awhile now. looks like no one wants to beee close to a old fart. :giggle:

Wirelessly posted

I must apologize to you all as a former personal space violator. There are friends and two close friends on this board that I am with IRL. I would purposely invade their personal space all for a hug or tickle them. I saw how it bothered them until BOTH of them told me notsogently how they felt. Sometimes you have to do that especially if a person is a chronic personal space violator. For those two close friends we know when he/she is comfy for a hug ie hi and goodbye. Hope this helps.

if you ever voilate my personal space, just be sure to grab my south pole a few times while you are there. :D No worries- I'll forgive you for voilating my space .:D

I'm hearing, and I hate people that get up close when they are talking to you. I usually try to back up a few steps, and if that doesn't work, I just tell them that I am very uncomfortable with them being that close. I will say that it's because I have a phobia :giggle: and that usually gets them to back away.

I'm the same way; only I am a little less polite. If they don't get outta my face after I ask them to, I run over their foot with my chair! :D

(I'm not kidding. I figure if they're that rude than they deserve a wake up call and I give them one. Get in my face and refuse to back up; you'll pay the price of a badly sore foot!).

I am very jealous of my personal space. I really really really dislike people all up on my face. When it happens that someone is too close to me I take steps back...when they take steps forward it just makes me roll my eyes that they didn't get the message and they make me tell them to keep their distance. I can hear them just fine from two to three feet away, I don't need them so close they are breathing my air :/

Distance isn't as important if the speaker is loud enough for me. Sometimes body language does convey information about the person and it helps me out.

I hate it when I'm focusing on something and someone touches me...except for the shoulder.

Other than that, just keep the breath and BO fresh.

Back