Percent vs dB?

my hearing loss are severe 90db in both ears but still i can hear loud noises and viberations when near me

I think ther Moderate, Severe, Profound make a lot of sense. My audiogram is not a flatline all he way across. In the frequencies that matter, it fits in the Severe range. Saying I have 80 or 85 db loss makes it seem like it is the same at all frequencies, as does saying it is a percentage. A range would actually be more accurate for most of us.

yeah i remmy that i could hear the high pitch.. whereas i cant hear low pitch? i still am able to hear the high pitch noises.. but its getting worse due to Meniere's as they said its now profound but with hearing aid its in severe area.. back in school it was in moderate area so it had gotten worse alot since..

yeah i remmy that i could hear the high pitch.. whereas i cant hear low pitch? i still am able to hear the high pitch noises.. but its getting worse due to Meniere's as they said its now profound but with hearing aid its in severe area.. back in school it was in moderate area so it had gotten worse alot since..

Same here keep losing my hearing due to Meniere's No longer hear the low pitch sounds on my left ear. Dunno about High pitch sounds. It is very confusing for me thou .. not sure which ear is better. With my hearing aid .. it is useless because it is blurry .. compare to my childhood. My db was 75 to 80.. I only wear it to stop the tinnitus. I get it everyday :-(

Join my club :)

Same here keep losing my hearing due to Meniere's No longer hear the low pitch sounds on my left ear. Dunno about High pitch sounds. It is very confusing for me thou .. not sure which ear is better. With my hearing aid .. it is useless because it is blurry .. compare to my childhood. My db was 75 to 80.. I only wear it to stop the tinnitus. I get it everyday :-(

Join my club :)

That sucks, im sorry.. My hearing isnt as bad but i have horrible tinnitus! everyday nite..24/7 its a major pain in the ass and i heard ha's have helped tinnitus but my audi wont let me try that out seeing as he think they def wont help, and the only way i can get ha is if i lost 5-10 more db and frequency in my right ear...Does the ha really help your tinnitus??

i dont wear hearing aid in my left ear.. its useless cuz no useable hearing at all in that left ear..i have tinnutis almost every day.. :( i wear hearing aid in my right ear.. so when i dont have my aid on.. i do get tinnutis in my right ear.. its starting.. and is losing hearing.. i now cant hear modem ringing.. phone ringing.. but i did hear them again few days ago.. i think im going crazy.. it came back? then go away?? weird.. i HATE it.. i thought i did heard bird singing.. mom said yes u did.. i said i thought so.. but now? i cant hear them.. .. but i still can hear my son yelling to get my attention.. dogs barking... few things like that.. weird come back then go away.. with hearing aid.. it does help but not clear.. i could undy words and all that.. but lately i cant undy.. :(

i dont wear hearing aid in my left ear.. its useless cuz no useable hearing at all in that left ear..i have tinnutis almost every day.. :( i wear hearing aid in my right ear.. so when i dont have my aid on.. i do get tinnutis in my right ear.. its starting.. and is losing hearing.. i now cant hear modem ringing.. phone ringing.. but i did hear them again few days ago.. i think im going crazy.. it came back? then go away?? weird.. i HATE it.. i thought i did heard bird singing.. mom said yes u did.. i said i thought so.. but now? i cant hear them.. .. but i still can hear my son yelling to get my attention.. dogs barking... few things like that.. weird come back then go away.. with hearing aid.. it does help but not clear.. i could undy words and all that.. but lately i cant undy.. :(

I'm sorry about what you have experienced with your loss..:hug: Haven't you thought of getting a CI ? It would help you much more than hearing aids did.

That sucks, im sorry.. My hearing isnt as bad but i have horrible tinnitus! everyday nite..24/7 its a major pain in the ass and i heard ha's have helped tinnitus but my audi wont let me try that out seeing as he think they def wont help, and the only way i can get ha is if i lost 5-10 more db and frequency in my right ear...Does the ha really help your tinnitus??

Yes it will mask your tinnitus ... Maybe you need to find the different the audiologist and a hearing aid place -- must explain the details. Unfortunately I get dizzy and sounds blurrrrry (ugh) from wearing my hearing aid. I only wear on and off if needed. You can buy the ipod or radio.. that will help too! As for me it helps during my bedtime. For now I am working on getting the right hearing aid - for Tinnitus masking/Dizzinesss. Once I get a new one -- will get an audio input boots (shoes) to hook up to my hearing aid from the CD with relaxing or masking sounds - used for someone who has a severe tinnitus. I have to bear with my tinnitus for now. Sigh.

I'm sorry about what you have experienced with your loss..:hug: Haven't you thought of getting a CI ? It would help you much more than hearing aids did.

Thanks, highlands.. :hug: ur sweetie.. Yes the dr said i am qualified for CI and if i want it can go ahead for it but want to try treatment and see how it goes for me .. especially the water pills to help clear the water up in middle ear.. i have to go back aug 31 for follow up care then will tell dr it still mess up on hearing.. cuz it kept going then come back.. obivously not working.. so next step is go for ci then.. so i can still be able to hear CLEAR and still hear.. not go away then come back.. you know?? its really annoyed!!! ugh! lol

Yes it will mask your tinnitus ... Maybe you need to find the different the audiologist and a hearing aid place -- must explain the details. Unfortunately I get dizzy and sounds blurrrrry (ugh) from wearing my hearing aid. I only wear on and off if needed. You can buy the ipod or radio.. that will help too! As for me it helps during my bedtime. For now I am working on getting the right hearing aid - for Tinnitus masking/Dizzinesss. Once I get a new one -- will get an audio input boots (shoes) to hook up to my hearing aid from the CD with relaxing or masking sounds - used for someone who has a severe tinnitus. I have to bear with my tinnitus for now. Sigh.

I have an mp3 player for when im out and a noise machine/masker that plays soothing sounds (i like waves) for when i sleep. My audiologist at first mentioned tinnitus maskers without amplification just the masker and then said it mite not work cause i also have the hearing trouble..so i dont know why she would of suggested it in the first place...but i dunno, shes weird i get an fm system for school this year tho...dont kno how thats gonna go..but we will see...

Back