people with mild hearing people

mayuri

Reaction score
hi..i want to chat n discuss few things with people with mild to moderate hearing loss.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

There are very few people here with mild-to-moderate. The average across frequencies and ears for me is 56db. What is yours?

I'd recommend the Hearing Aid forum, but even then, you might not find too many with mild loss. This range is very easy to deal with and most people don't have hang ups about loss at this level.

Laura

hearing Aid forum app is not avaiable on android.do u think loud sound of my ha will help me more.

hearing Aid forum app is not avaiable on android.do u think loud sound of my ha will help me more.

Raising your HA gain (volume within software) will damage your hearing.

You need hearing aids with volume control. Again this all comes down to the hearing aids you are wearing, not fulfilling your needs. A BTE aid will be so much better.

To go to hearing aid forums, you just need to open your browser (safari, whichever you use on android). I accessed hearing aid forums with my android when I had one.

I happen to have a technically mild loss combined with possible CAPD.

I don't have "hang-ups" about it really but it does affect me daily. I don't know if I'd classify as "Easy" or "not easy", it's just me.

I don't however, ID wth things like "hearing impaired" and other aspects commonly found in the perspective of something like HLAA.

I happen to have a technically mild loss combined with possible CAPD.

I don't have "hang-ups" about it really but it does affect me daily. I don't know if I'd classify as "Easy" or "not easy", it's just me.

I don't however, ID wth things like "hearing impaired" and other aspects commonly found in the perspective of something like HLAA.

In my experience, very few people with mild loss actually buy hearing aids. This is one of the things that frustrates my audiologist. It's only when they feel it'll make certain situations easier that they consider getting them, and most don't feel terribly burdened by it unless it's more severe than mild loss. My father, rarely if ever wears his and unlike me, he can take them or leave them.

Last edited:
NaidaUP excellent info to share:)

Regarding HLAA, is anyone here involved with the young adult group or the organization as a whole? Dogmom did you like it?

In my experience, very few people with mild loss actually buy hearing aids. This is one of the things that frustrates my audiologist. It's only when they feel it'll make certain situations easier that they consider getting them, and most don't feel terribly burdened by it unless it's more severe than mild loss. My father, rarely if ever wears his and unlike me, he can take them or leave them.

Maybe she is better off without them? I know a lot of people who have mild loss prefer without as hearing thru the ear, altho slightly less is way better then hearing thru hearing aids with limited frequencies.

I had a mild-moderate loss 1st as a baby so I got used to wearing a BTE with a volume switch at 6 months old ;)

do you mean me?

"...Maybe she is better off without them? I know a lot of people who have mild loss prefer ....."

Katniss, I never personally got involved with HLAA. I had a friend in college who was involved in what was then SHHH<Self Help for Hard of hearing> which became HLAA, and I went with the friend to a couple of the mtgs. I don't believe I was hoh at that time.

HLAA and similar ones focus on a need to be Hearing and use of technology.
I'm a very visual person and the way I perceive the world - with learning disabilities and my being hard of hearing - reflects that. I rely on visual information more so than many people and tend to do well with languages. ASL is ignored in HLAA circles, so I guess it doesn't feel like it would be a good "fit" for me.

Lau, I'm considering about HA's...don't know about financial as hubby needs new bilateral BTE digitals. His have been in to repair many times and are between 6 and 8 years old I think. I think if I worked outside the home formally, my consideration would be different. I have been fired from jobs because of my LD and my hearing...

no...i am not better without them.i had started using ha since a year back n those 7 years without ha were so ugly n depressing for me or u can say it took me 7 years to accept i have hearing loss n i need ha to overcome my prob .ha have helped me alot,acc to many audi s i consulted they told me i relay on visual hints than my ha due to which i dont focus on my ha so i started practicing listening by closing eyes n yes now i can understand my mom without looking at her face.i hope it ll work with me bec i miss only few words in sentence especially those alphabets which i cant discriminate properly but now me training my brain to listen through ha rather than relaying on eyes.

do you mean me?

"...Maybe she is better off without them? I know a lot of people who have mild loss prefer ....."

Katniss, I never personally got involved with HLAA. I had a friend in college who was involved in what was then SHHH<Self Help for Hard of hearing> which became HLAA, and I went with the friend to a couple of the mtgs. I don't believe I was hoh at that time.

HLAA and similar ones focus on a need to be Hearing and use of technology.
I'm a very visual person and the way I perceive the world - with learning disabilities and my being hard of hearing - reflects that. I rely on visual information more so than many people and tend to do well with languages. ASL is ignored in HLAA circles, so I guess it doesn't feel like it would be a good "fit" for me.

Yes, it tends to be Hearing Health 101. I know LATE DEAFENED people who find their approach kinda not interesting.....But then again I do know people who like their approach.

Back