people s behavior

If anyone dares to talk bad about deaf people in front of my husband, there will be a serious problem. So far, that hasnt happened! ha!

Yep, we get stares but I am usually too engrossed in chatting away to notice.

If I dont have PMS or something, I'll kill others with kindness. :twisted:
Love conquers all, right? Kindness is powerful... it can change others' mind real fast, huh? lol .. maybe people are just naturally defensive... and have shields up when they encounter something they deem unusual, and I haven't heard of anyone NOT erring on the first impression.

That's right! Smile sweetly, and very politely inform them of their studpidity. Works every time!

When I have been out with my friends no one has been rude or stared at us, maybe because we are close to FSDB or something I dunno. We were at a restaurant and the woman behind the counter kept saying we were talking about her. But she was an uneducated redneck type woman so I considered the source and I think they way she was saying it she was attempting to be funny. I have been in the store with my friends signing and people usually pay us no mind, I have not noticed anything. This one girl, teen, smiled and waived at us. The only instances where people were rude or stupid is when drunk people are involved. LMAO just the other night I was with my friends at a bar and this guy came up beside us while we were signing and said “so are y’all like… Deaf or something” I thought if I didn’t hear that I never would have know he asked such a stupid question. No 2 hearing people are going to be in a bar signing to each other. Yeah that makes perfect sense! LMAO!!

No 2 hearing people are going to be in a bar signing to each other.

I have frequently used sign in bars with hearing or HOH friends because the music was so loud it was easier to carry on a conversation that way.

I can see how that would come in handy but the bar wasn't that crowded or loud and he asked in a normal volume and i heard him clearly. Just thought it was silly.

Back