Pedialyte

Iceriver

Reaction score
My son is sick tonight, and he threw up 3 times :( I don't know how he got sick, could be school, the heat, something he ate or something. I'm wondering if any of you with kids have used Pedialyte for your kids, keeping them hyrated? Im going to get one tomorrow.

Yeah It should help and try make him drink some water or juices to keep him hyrated. Poor kid got sick tonight. :(

Iceriver said:
My son is sick tonight, and he threw up 3 times :( I don't know how he got sick, could be school, the heat, something he ate or something. I'm wondering if any of you with kids have used Pedialyte for your kids, keeping them hyrated? Im going to get one tomorrow.

If you're concerned with him being dehydrated anything you can get into him will help. (except for maybe pop, it's actually a diuretic (sp?) and milk can upset little stomachs if they are sick) But juice, gatorade, pedialyte -types, all will help with that. Or if he's eating anything, a little bit of peeled graped, or peeled apple will help too, because of the juices, and shouldn't be too harsh on his little tummy.

My kids never liked the taste of pedialyte, but they loved the generic store brand from king soopers - known in other parts of the country as krogers or dillons. Especially the grape flavor.

My pediatrician always told me not to give the kids anything at all within the hour following them throwing up. Something about giving their tummies time to settle or something... can't remember, but it did seem to cut down the times they throw up when sick.

I hope he feels better soon!!

ThreeLittleBear said:
If you're concerned with him being dehydrated anything you can get into him will help. (except for maybe pop, it's actually a diuretic (sp?) and milk can upset little stomachs if they are sick) But juice, gatorade, pedialyte -types, all will help with that. Or if he's eating anything, a little bit of peeled graped, or peeled apple will help too, because of the juices, and shouldn't be too harsh on his little tummy.

My kids never liked the taste of pedialyte, but they loved the generic store brand from king soopers - known in other parts of the country as krogers or dillons. Especially the grape flavor.

My pediatrician always told me not to give the kids anything at all within the hour following them throwing up. Something about giving their tummies time to settle or something... can't remember, but it did seem to cut down the times they throw up when sick.

I hope he feels better soon!!

Yeah, I agreed.. Our kids (ALL of them) Dont like or never like pedialyte, even it comes with freeze pop, lollipop, & flavored juice.. :/

Our kids get sick like that.. in summer.. means heat.. try to give him cool bath.. if he refused.. find something fun like toys.. and mr freeze pop, 7up & soda crackers .. also, juice too.. not water cuz it doesnt help the dehydrated..
give little bit by bit.. like nibble.. takes time..

Hope your son getting better..
it's heat.. alot kids are sick lately..

Actually water is the best thing ever for dehydration. Because your body is low on fluids and water is the only thing that goes straight to your colon. Juice, pedialyte, milk, etc..All goes to your stomach 1st to digest.

yes water is best way. Im just wondering about Pedialyte, thats all. Thanks guys.

My son got better this morning and had lots of fun today, going to a car show, went swimming, and more. It's HOT out here, and tmw will be even hotter! About 35*C :hyper: My son is lucky because he won't be home where a/c sucks, and he'll be at his Daddy's house and its much cooler there. Gotta fix my a/c really soon.

Last edited:
Back