Parenting DVD for deaf?

MaggieBee

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Maggie, and I'm not deaf but I'm hoping this forum can help me. I have a cousin who is deaf and pregnant. She is young and frightened and does not know how to take care of a newborn. So I am hoping to find a DVD on newborn care for someone who is deaf. I know I get just about any newborn care DVD closed captioned, but I am really hoping for one that is specifically for people who are deaf and the dvd would have someone signing instead of just having captions. I've tried looking all over the internet but all I can find are baby signing DVDs haha. Does anyone know if something like this exists? and if so can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!
-Maggie

I dont know if this will help but I will take a shot in the dark.

DeafMD.org

Or can she get "What to Expect the First Year" book? That helped me tremendously when I had my first baby. The format is very simple and easy to follow.

Also, she can look up Harris Communication for baby signal lights. I used them for alerting me whenever my babies were crying.

Harris Communications - products for deaf, deafness, hard of hearing, hearing impaired, and hearing loss. Products for Deaf People, Hard of Hearing People, Sign Language Books

I think that's wonderful that you are helping your cousin and everything.

Thanks for the great advice everyone!!

The your pregnancy video looks like exactly what I was looking for :D

Thanks again and best of luck to you all!

-Maggie

Back