Palm pre

Yea, I heard about it and thought it is nice. I wish Apple actually came out with iphone with a keyboard, they still didn't. Damn Apple. I'd rather stick with good old AT&T. BTW, I'm using Safari 4 final to browse here. ;)

Yea, I heard about it and thought it is nice. I wish Apple actually came out with iphone with a keyboard, they still didn't. Damn Apple. I'd rather stick with good old AT&T. BTW, I'm using Safari 4 final to browse here. ;)

If you are long lived iPhone owner then you will get used with on screen keyboard.

If you are long lived iPhone owner then you will get used with on screen keyboard.

Not really. I prefer the real keyboard because of the feel of where I'm typing without looking at it. I can type pretty well when looking around or looking at a friend talking to me. You can't feel anything when typing on a screen, it's impossible. You constantly have to look at it to make sure u're not typing in wrong places.

I'm still waiting to see if the Pre will work with WebCapTel, especially like the iPhone where it can be used all on one unit (captions and voice), not two as they suggest for Blackberries and the Centro (one for the captions, one for talking). If Sprint can't do it because of the CDMA issue, maybe if it comes out on AT&T in 2010, it'll work there.

Not really. I prefer the real keyboard because of the feel of where I'm typing without looking at it. I can type pretty well when looking around or looking at a friend talking to me. You can't feel anything when typing on a screen, it's impossible. You constantly have to look at it to make sure u're not typing in wrong places.

Yup, it's common cons about full touchscreen phone and I wouldn't recommended to you if you need phone with real keyboard.

For me, I got used with touchscreen on iPhone but I had returned in last year because IM service was terrible at this time and now, they are improved because of beejive, that's alot better than AIM and it does support landscape mode, use on screen keyboard on iPhone is far easier and better than BB Storm, I tried BB Storm at Verizon store and dislike it.

I haven't make decision but just wait and see about what's up with upcoming BB, especially BB Tour.

I got an email from Sprint Relay offer me Palm Pre for 199 but with 100 dollar rebate so it cost 299 pay then get 100 back in mail rebate and monthly is same 29.99

So Sprint Relay already out on their website for Palm Pre offer upgrade.

Thank, I saw it. After learn about new iPhone. I made the final decide, I order Palm Pre already. I get $150 instant rebate after being Sprint for over 22 months. :shock:

Yup, it's common cons about full touchscreen phone and I wouldn't recommended to you if you need phone with real keyboard.

For me, I got used with touchscreen on iPhone but I had returned in last year because IM service was terrible at this time and now, they are improved because of beejive, that's alot better than AIM and it does support landscape mode, use on screen keyboard on iPhone is far easier and better than BB Storm, I tried BB Storm at Verizon store and dislike it.

I haven't make decision but just wait and see about what's up with upcoming BB, especially BB Tour.

Since Apple Dev claim that there will have accessories support on iPhone OS 3.0 from the port. That sound high chance that there is kind accessories to plug to keyboard and typing. Haha

I can't imagine when cop stop the driver and look at thim. "Whoa! Why are you carry the regular keyboard to typing while driving?!?! I don't see computer or display?"
"Eh, I'm use with iPhone"
"No way!!!"

Thank, I saw it. After learn about new iPhone. I made the final decide, I order Palm Pre already. I get $150 instant rebate after being Sprint for over 22 months. :shock:

I'm also a Sprint Relay customer over 22 months. I was told I can only upgrade and that'll cost me $300 after $150 rebate. New customers pay $200. Is that correct?

What if I cancel my Sprint services, how long will I have to wait to be activated as "new" customer?

What happens if I get Pre on line 2 and then close line 1?

Since Apple Dev claim that there will have accessories support on iPhone OS 3.0 from the port. That sound high chance that there is kind accessories to plug to keyboard and typing. Haha

I can't imagine when cop stop the driver and look at thim. "Whoa! Why are you carry the regular keyboard to typing while driving?!?! I don't see computer or display?"
"Eh, I'm use with iPhone"
"No way!!!"

:rofl: Nice one.

I'm also a Sprint Relay customer over 22 months. I was told I can only upgrade and that'll cost me $300 after $150 rebate. New customers pay $200. Is that correct?

What if I cancel my Sprint services, how long will I have to wait to be activated as "new" customer?

What happens if I get Pre on line 2 and then close line 1?

Just sign up to get new number, it make you a new customer.

I found out that Palm Pre don't support tethering, is it true?

There's no MSN messenger support too, only AIM and Google Talk.

I'm sure anyone will find a way to done by 3rd party app

Sure, I'm interested in Palm Pre but only problem is lack about my needs is tethering and Windows Live Messenger, if it does meet then I'm considered to buy it but need try it.

Palm Pre don't have microSD either but who cares cuz watch movies on phone sucks.

Google map on Palm Pre don't have street view too.

Only basic I need - good photo, text-msg, physical QWERTY, GPS and as long as it accept facebook, twitter and youtube to running.

Built-in 8GB is still frickin plenty

Only basic I need - good photo, text-msg, physical QWERTY, GPS and as long as it accept facebook, twitter and youtube to running.

Built-in 8GB is still frickin plenty

Does Sprint relay store monthly plan does include Sprint TV and turn to turn navigator?

I found out that Palm Pre don't support tethering, is it true?

There's no MSN messenger support too, only AIM and Google Talk.

Tethering: True, although people are already at work trying to figure out a way to tether or use "dial up" on the Pre anyway: Hash codes on Pre start the road to tethering | PreCentral.net

MSN Messenger: Also true, although people looking through the Pre's code have found icons for MSN, and support for libpurple chat protocols which could support Windows Live Messenger. AOL, MSN icons discovered in ROM image | PreCentral.net

So while the answers right now to your questions are no, they could change in the future.

Does Sprint relay store monthly plan does include Sprint TV and turn to turn navigator?

It include Sprint TV and navigator on limited.

Anyway, I receive the unfortunately news from reps sale on Sprint Relay said that I cannot turn and activate my Palm Pre until the solution with prime Sprint network allow to use on the special package. Waaaaaah. Have to wait for a while. de la de la.... For a week or so..

It include Sprint TV and navigator on limited.

Anyway, I receive the unfortunately news from reps sale on Sprint Relay said that I cannot turn and activate my Palm Pre until the solution with prime Sprint network allow to use on the special package. Waaaaaah. Have to wait for a while. de la de la.... For a week or so..

What you means about on limited?

Back