over a Cup of Coffee (deCaf?!)

AdamFencepost

Reaction score
I hate decaf!

I cheat. One-third is caffeinated . . . :whistle:

Any decaf drinkers out there? And, what do you do?

Give me tea (hot, iced whichever)! I am tired of people that think everyone drinks coffee. And I know of one gal that doesn't want either of those but first choice is soda and if that is not available goes for water.

I have trouble with water . . .

Nah! I do like tea! I've got some pretty good oolong in the cupboard but it's coffee that I go for, early in the day.

I like herb tea, also. There are some herbs in my garden each year - especially for tea. But, I've got the trouble with caffeine. Or, my stomach does, so . . .

It's just that the decaf doesn't taste too good. I think I can get away with a little handful of whole bean coffee with some taste to it mixed in. This morning, I started to use only the good Colombian and then realized the filter had only this little pile of grounds in it. Oh, well.

This is a tough one, I can give alternatives for high fat food, but I drink regular coffee. Although, I probably shouldn't drink that either.

I enjoy a splash of coffee (regular or decaf) with my Almond Joy creamer, with which I have become slightly obsessed. Yum!

I use a Keurig brewer. One cup at a time and just have the decaf ones in the evening. The good brands taste just as good decaf as regular.

And all kinds have antioxidants.

I used to want a Keurig, but thought my multiple cups a day habit would be too expensive. I just got a french press for an early Christmas gift and it only makes a few cups, but I've discovered that is enough most days.

I used to want a Keurig, but thought my multiple cups a day habit would be too expensive. I just got a french press for an early Christmas gift and it only makes a few cups, but I've discovered that is enough most days.

It would be if you drank a lot. My husband is a huge coffee drinker and he just brews it in a regular coffee maker.

Give me tea (hot, iced whichever)! I am tired of people that think everyone drinks coffee. And I know of one gal that doesn't want either of those but first choice is soda and if that is not available goes for water.

And I am tried of people that think everyone drink sugary sodas and I do not drink diet sodas .
I hate it when a restaurant will have a special deal with a meal , you get a soda with your meal for cheap price. I tried to get a bottle of water instead of the soda and you can't do that.

Just love the aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the early AM !....Here in my city, we have a Maxwell House Coffee Plant...and whenever you're downtown, you can smell it...

Just love the aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the early AM !....Here in my city, we have a Maxwell House Coffee Plant...and whenever you're downtown, you can smell it...

Mmmm! That would be great! I also love the smell of fresh coffee. I have a wax warmer and sometime will use the coffee scented wax. =) My husband does not like it though.

Just as good?! That must be with a Keurig. Eh?

This is a tough one, I can give alternatives for high fat food, but I drink regular coffee. Although, I probably shouldn't drink that either.

You know, VacationGuy, some of that ice cream can go in the coffee! No, I don't do that either . . . usually.

I don't think I'm a huge coffee drinker. I try not to have it in the afternoon - often go for the Oolong about then and will drink herb tea, late.

If I can get real good, whole beans to grind - I'm okay with 1/3rd caffeinated. The decaffeinated often has broken beans! See, I think that's the problem. They are abusing those beans in the processing.

You just reminded me of when I was a kid and we lived within a few blocks of the Kas Potato Chip plant. They were right in the midst of a residential area. They no longer did it then but before they moved into that building they were a smaller operation close to where my aunt worked in an office and they used to buy warm ones to have with their lunch. We did get some off the belt before cooling when my class toured the plant and the warm ones were GOOD. I have lost track of what year they were sold and there is no longer a plant here.

i am a coffee lover. of course i have a coffee maker at home. I can drink up to 4 to 5 cups per day. :D if someone offers me a decaf coffee i will say, " huh what??". You can say that Im a regular coffee lover.

You know, VacationGuy, some of that ice cream can go in the coffee! No, I don't do that either . . . usually.

I use Fat Free Half and half from Market Basket, it is really good. The closest I can get to a Dunkin Doughnut coffee is DD Kurig cups, Splenda and FF Half and Half, but it's not decaf. Maybe the HH will make a difference.

I was drinking coffee, but I am now 2 weeks coffee free again. I drink hot tea at breakfast and will be making iced tea soon for the daytime.

Hubby drinks decaf only because he is required to by the cardiologist. Son drinks half decaf and half regular.

Yes, I'm willing to put half 'n' half in the cup but I'm really trying not to gain weight.

Weight gain is so easy (pre-ordained) at this time of year.

Coffee drinks turn into little desserts. I'm at risk of turning into a big marshmallow :shock: !

Back