oticon streamer

itsholly

Reaction score
hey everybody i have the oticon safaris and iam concidering getting the streamer does anyone know how much i could expect to pay ? does insurance pay for it ?

Wait for Sarfari Girl, she is the expert on Oticon Safari. :)

I kind of doubt insurance will pay for it as it's an accessory, they don't cover remotes for hearing aids either I don't think. Couldn't hurt to check with your insurance company directly and find out though I suppose. You can also ask your audie for the price, sometimes the prices will vary between different audies.

LOL yep and when I got the streamer, I loved how it can hook up to my cell phone and my ipod! so I kept it and spent 227 dollars on my hearing aids and streamer (expensive but the place where I got them? great deals!)

I have one with the Oticon Agil's, it works great. I had it paired up to 3 phones, the laptop, the ipod, and with the TV connect it let me listen to that too. For the both they charge normally around 500 I was told. Don't get to use it any more, looking into CI's now, but it was definitely worthwhile. Insurance might help if the purchase is made alongside with a hearing aid.

I have a streamer that I got with my Oticon Epoqs. I really didn't use it for the first couple of years because I only had one program set up, but when I started using an FM system for some of my college classes it became indispensable because it's really hard to change the program without it. Plus it's convenient for listening for music... I can wear headphones with my hearing aids, but it's definitely not comfortable.

question

Will the streamer work with computers? My son is 7 and has the safaris and this year in school he will be doing computer testing. He is not comfortable with headphones. Thanks for your help!!!
Brandy

QUOTE=Sarfarigirl2011;2026966]LOL yep and when I got the streamer, I loved how it can hook up to my cell phone and my ipod! so I kept it and spent 227 dollars on my hearing aids and streamer (expensive but the place where I got them? great deals!)[/QUOTE]

Will the streamer work with computers? My son is 7 and has the safaris and this year in school he will be doing computer testing. He is not comfortable with headphones. Thanks for your help!!!
Brandy
]
Yes, according to Oticon's website.
Looking much like a stylish mp3 player, the Streamer offers easy access to mobile phones, landline phones, laptops, TVs and mp3 players. By picking up the audio signal and sending it straight into both ears, the Streamer turns a pair of Safari’s into the world’s smallest wireless headset! With no delays in transmission, audio signals perfectly match any visual images. This can make all the difference when watching TV or gamin

Oticon

will the streamer work with computers? My son is 7 and has the safaris and this year in school he will be doing computer testing. He is not comfortable with headphones. Thanks for your help!!!
Brandy

it does, I tried the streamer connected to my computer before, it works well with it!

Back