Oticon chili hearing aids

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
I am getting new HA and they will be purple and so will the ear molds!
I never had HA in a cool color! Does anyone here have Oticon chili hearing aids and how do you like them? I saw a new an audiologist and he said I would not be a good candidate for a CI implant as I do not a 100% hearing lost. My old audiologist said I would be a good candidate for a CI implant .
I have a 75% hearing lost.

I saw a new an audiologist and he said I would not be a good candidate for a CI implant as I do not a 100% hearing lost. My old audiologist said I would be a good candidate for a CI implant .
I have a 75% hearing lost.

See article for information on the common misuse (by doctors too!) of this business of % hearing loss.

Hearing Loss—Decibels or Percent?

If you can post up your audiogram then people might be more able to discuss their CI experiences, plus assuming you are in the US your insurance may have an opinion on how deaf you need to be for implant and any other speech scores, etc. how long you have been deaf, pre- or post-lingual, your main communication choices, length of time with hearing aids, how effectively you manage with hearing aids, all that kind of thing, it's not a straightforward this much hearing loss is a good candidate, although it can work the other way around, less than this much hearing loss is a definite no.

There are at least 2 people that I know of that have the Chili/Safari hearing aids from Oticon, and they both have purple ones too. Purple sure is a popular color around here! :)

As for the CI candidacy, is your audiologist a certified CI audie? If not, you'd be better off going to a CI center for an evaluation if you are considering getting a CI. The CI center will decide if you're a candidate or not. If you have a severe-profound hearing loss in both ears, you could potentially be a candidate.

JennyB has the Safari/Chilli hearing aid and is purple 2!

I have the Safari 600 and is proud of wearing purple hearing aids :)
for me, I lost 50% of my hearing.

Congratulations, whatdidyousay! I know you are going to be happy.

RIght now my aid is blue, and my earmolds are flamingo pink, even though they seem orange in my avatar.

See article for information on the common misuse (by doctors too!) of this business of % hearing loss.

If you can post up your audiogram then people might be more able to discuss their CI experiences, plus assuming you are in the US your insurance may have an opinion on how deaf you need to be for implant and any other speech scores, etc. how long you have been deaf, pre- or post-lingual, your main communication choices, length of time with hearing aids, how effectively you manage with hearing aids, all that kind of thing, it's not a straightforward this much hearing loss is a good candidate, although it can work the other way around, less than this much hearing loss is a definite no.

I am not able to post my audiogram as I am not set up to do think. I do not have the a printer etc. I keep planning on getting one but never get around to it! I was born HOH and got my first HA when I was 7 years old. I beening wearing HA 57 years! I am feeling old!

Congratulations, whatdidyousay! I know you are going to be happy.

RIght now my aid is blue, and my earmolds are flamingo pink, even though they seem orange in my avatar.

Thanks Bottesini! Whenever a cool HA came out I could not have one as it was not strong enough for me , so I finally get have a cool HA when I am 64
years old! Like they say, better late than never! LOL!!

Thanks guys! I am glad to hear I am not the only that will be wearing purple HA!! It's good to hear that love the chili HA I should get mine in about 9days! Maybe I should dye my hair purple to match my HA and ear molds!! My white hair would be really purple !!

I vidily remember getting mine as I'd waited 6 years to see if I "grew out of it" already, and I was so incredibly excited to receive them thanks to my mum's contacts (she was a visiting teacher for the blind and got me in with the TOD). I was 13, it was the last week of the spring term and it was 2pm. I remember this as I'd lied to the school about which clinic I had to attend so they'd let me out at lunchtime for the appointment. I got them fitted on and they said wear them all the time because you'll get used to them faster. I got about 20 feet from the front door of the audiology clinic and someone threw a scaffolding pole down from a building site into a metal skip full of other scaffolding poles. This was before gain control. I nearly wet myself, the hearing aids went in my pocket and I cried. Didn't wear them again for weeks!

I vidily remember getting mine as I'd waited 6 years to see if I "grew out of it" already, and I was so incredibly excited to receive them thanks to my mum's contacts (she was a visiting teacher for the blind and got me in with the TOD). I was 13, it was the last week of the spring term and it was 2pm. I remember this as I'd lied to the school about which clinic I had to attend so they'd let me out at lunchtime for the appointment. I got them fitted on and they said wear them all the time because you'll get used to them faster. I got about 20 feet from the front door of the audiology clinic and someone threw a scaffolding pole down from a building site into a metal skip full of other scaffolding poles. This was before gain control. I nearly wet myself, the hearing aids went in my pocket and I cried. Didn't wear them again for weeks!

I can remember going to Boston Glide for Deaf and HOH and being alone with a woman . When I talked she wrote down the words, but I noticed it looked strange and I thought she was making fun of me like my family did!
I played with the potato head game and did some painting to see what kind
art work I do. My parents where told I was HOH and not retarded, people
thought I was retarded because of my speech and I was behind in reading!

Thanks guys! I am glad to hear I am not the only that will be wearing purple HA!! It's good to hear that love the chili HA I should get mine in about 9days! Maybe I should dye my hair purple to match my HA and ear molds!! My white hair would be really purple !!

I fully support this purple hair idea. My hearing aids are purple, with pink earmolds and purple tubing. My hair is pink/purple and dark brown. My glasses are pink and my nose stud is pink too. I STRONGLY support all attempts at full color coordination. :giggle:

I fully support this purple hair idea. My hearing aids are purple, with pink earmolds and purple tubing. My hair is pink/purple and dark brown. My glasses are pink and my nose stud is pink too. I STRONGLY support all attempts at full color coordination. :giggle:

I can just see how people would react if I had purple hair ! Where you do get the purple tubing, from your Aud.? I use to dye my hair red ,but it was natural looking . I do not know of any 64 years old woman with purple hair!
I know I will be the only person my age in my city with purple HA! Newburyport is very a traditional city!

Several different audiologist and doctors have told me there are no percentages with audiograms as the loss is measured in DB and frequency ranges. So how do people come up with percentages?

Oticon Hearing Aids, which have worked very successfully for many people. They combined the latest technology so that patients can have the ability to hear properly as well as in connection with the essential things around him. If you have problems with your ears and do not feel well, it is better to have hearing aids, which help to reverse the situation. There are varieties of brands on the market, you must be very careful to choose the one that works pretty well for them.

Back