$orenson owns deafvp.com

I'm wondering if there is a generic videophone where you can choose which carrier to communicate on the video. There are now growing number of video relay service by AT&T, MCI, Sprint and Soreson. I don't own or use Soreseson at the moment but plan to get one when I get my own place soon.

If you get Soreson, you'll be forced to use Soreson? I am not against anything but was wondering of their rules, that's all.

qwerty123 said:
deafvp.com was bought out for 1.2 million bux from eric simons of texas.

phatman that is true statement.

Why didn't I see this statement before?

He couldn't have possibly sold it for 1.2 million. You know how much it costs to simply make a new website with another popular name and get everyone else to sign up for it? Mere thousands. Throw in a couple more thousand to convince the guy to stay on board and you've got a winner.

Not $1.2 million. Try $12,000. Maybe. If that.

deaf24fan said:
I'm wondering if there is a generic videophone where you can choose which carrier to communicate on the video. There are now growing number of video relay service by AT&T, MCI, Sprint and Soreson. I don't own or use Soreseson at the moment but plan to get one when I get my own place soon.

If you get Soreson, you'll be forced to use Soreson? I am not against anything but was wondering of their rules, that's all.
Yes, if you get Vp-100 from Sorenson, you will need to use their service for video relay. If you get Dlink i2Eye from another Video Relay Service such as HOVRS, HipRelay and Sprint Relay, you can use ANY video relay service.

wizard said:
I spoke with someone who knows about it and he said it is not true that Sorenson bought it for 1.2 millions. It was in thousands dollars.

Who did you speak with, a low key VP installer?

I spoke in person directly with an upper S management staff circle some
months ago

Inner circle staffs do know more than what low-key VP installers knows.

Afraid you may be mislead from your own source

deaf24fan said:

Who will maintain the videophone LDAP server, if not Sorenson? Remember ils.deaf*online.com?

inserted * since it changed to a series of *

qwerty123 said:
Who did you speak with, a low key VP installer?

I spoke in person directly with an upper S management staff circle some
months ago

Inner circle staffs do know more than what low-key VP installers knows.

Afraid you may be mislead from your own source

I find this laughable. So, this stuff isn't public information, but "upper management" was willing to share this with you? And on top of that, they quoted some ungodly high figure, while Eric is still a lowly Sorenson installer making his $50 an install rate?

Let's see -- I'm in the process of having my company design a website. I've been quoted to have a top-notch designer give me all the features I want for $25,000. If my chosen domain name was unavailable, I could have bought it off the squatter for $10,000, MAX. I could even go to court and sue for the name because the squatter would have no legal rights to the name of the business, he was just sitting on it because he knew that the name would be popular soon.

So, to recap:

1) Eric Simmons still works for Sorenson as "a lowly installer"
2) Website design, hosting, and domain name purchasing is $30,000
3) No one in their right mind would pay $1.2 million for a website.

So, qwerty123, stop believing everything "sorenson upper management" tells you. If you can't quote any names, then they're not gonna tell you the truth.

Back