Ordering Takout through relay

I'm finding more and more places are allowing for online ordering- but mostly the larger chains like Chili's, Papa John's, Pizza Hut etc. Smaller places/local places don't always have that option. Many times I do go there-- and ask for a paper menu (I need to anyway- I can't see the menus behind the counter anymore :( ). That way I'm able to look and pick, then just show them what I want.

Never did try the fax option even when I had a fax machine for a short time years ago. I still have that fax machine- no idea what to do with it lol.

I ordered online like the pizza chains. Fax orders? Who have fax machines now???

Chinese restaurants have cultural differences. Usually I go there to order.

Other places required credit cards confirmation to order.

One answer is fax software on your computer.

I absolutely hate ordering food takeout via relay without VCO. everytime I do without vco, if the place regularly get high employee turnovers they always do a huh and then pretend to take the order. when I show up- and catch them at the game i always raise a fuss. The owners who knows me always make sure I'm compensated in some way since I bring my scouters there for support. They cant exactly turn me down. Good thing this is a small town.:D I always want to scream everytime i encounter this huh thing with relay or a "delayed" order but recompose myself. What can you really do? you have older teenagers or not well off adults working in a fast food restaurant so its always an education for them.

I order pizzas online (Pizza Hut, Papa John's). other places, I just go and get (usually after work, I'll stop by a place and order something to go). I wouldn't dare try take out orders using relay. Relay is awkward and slow, and of course with idiots abusing the system.... yea.

I think most are talking about either Video relay or internet/text relay. TTY machines are about as obsolete as fax machines but I am sure the same is true for TTY relay- slow, delayed and people on the other end say "huh?", "don't call again" or some such.

And let's not forget that with today's technology, there is video relay on the go, which means that you can order dinner before you even arrive home, and someone can hold it for you. Or you could stop by and pick it up on the way home.

There is a company here, they will take your order(s) go wherever to get it, pay for it, then deliver to you for the price of the order + fuel and tips. I dont remember the name of it but most resraunts here advertises the company as well as in the local papers.

That is interesting.. They have certainly found a niche market.

I ordered online like the pizza chains. Fax orders? Who have fax machines now???

Chinese restaurants have cultural differences. Usually I go there to order.

Other places required credit cards confirmation to order.

Actually, any computer can send a fax and that includes phones. If a site does not take email or online orders, they probably still have fax capability. I agree, it seems out dated, but it would still work.

Omg it takes forever to order relay.... :mad: Ordering online is much faster, more secure and more accurate, as has been stated above. People still use relay for ordering? Who the heck brought up a TTY too?! :laugh2: :rofl: Using a TTY now would be like having one of these babies you used on the daily! ( and not for collection purposes )

gadgets_phone12.jpg

lmao ^^

In the house my aunt had in PA many years ago, it appears that the previous owner once had a old, I mean OLD tty model as there was a shelf/table set up in the main foyer that looked like it held one; aunt was told that's what it was for. Unfortunately I can't verify it with pictures or anything so take it with a grain of salt.

I miss that house- old Victorian home- now in the historical district in that town...

Omg it takes forever to order relay.... :mad: Ordering online is much faster, more secure and more accurate, as has been stated above. People still use relay for ordering? Who the heck brought up a TTY too?! :laugh2: :rofl: Using a TTY now would be like having one of these babies you used on the daily! ( and not for collection purposes )

I really like those old phones. In those days, people had to talk to an operator to place a call. Obviously, that didn't work out too well for deaf. But, i like the style.

Yes, I think everyone agrees that online ordering is better, but not every company has online ordering.

I order through telapathy. It works!!!

I looked into GrubHub. I don't like the fact that they keep your credit card info stored. The reviews of the place are both good and bad, but they do seem to be an online order solution.

I'm hard of hearing (mostly hearing), so I prefer ordering online... I very rarely make phone orders. I've never used tty before except when I used to work at a restaurant, I had one call. I accidentally said to the translator "could you tell him..." and I was hung up on. I still feel incredibly guilty about it. I wish I knew more about tty.

Sent from my DROID4 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back