Ordered a new earmold

bazl0032

Reaction score
I have been having difficulty recently with my hearing aid being very prone to feedback when using the phone. I went in to my audiologist and found out that my mold was not fitting well anymore after having my HA for 2 years. I haven't gotten a new mold in a while since I usually get a new HA, but since my insurance doesn't cover them anymore, it's time for a new mold!

Since I have a problem with leakage of the mold, I ordered a soft mold to see how that would work. I have never had a soft mold before, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll work. Going to pick it up tomorrow, let you know how it goes!

Do you use t-coil? I don't think you should get feedback with t-coil. Also, how old are your HA? feedback control technology has been around for years, if you HA are old, the newer HA have much better technology to handle feedback. But it is true, the most important part of controlling feedback is a good fit mold, that should help a lot. good luck.

I ordered new earmolds today and it'll be in before senior ball (it will be in the cat's eye with glitter in it and also will be in clear colors)

I do not have a t-coil, it's a Resound Naida that I got 2 years ago. The new mold feels great so far. We'll see how it feels after a couple days, but I'm impressed so far.

Definitely affected the sound as well since it has a much smaller vent hole than the old mold. Can't say if the sound change is a good thing or not yet, but I'll see how it goes!

I do not have a t-coil, it's a Resound Naida that I got 2 years ago. The new mold feels great so far. We'll see how it feels after a couple days, but I'm impressed so far.

Definitely affected the sound as well since it has a much smaller vent hole than the old mold. Can't say if the sound change is a good thing or not yet, but I'll see how it goes!

What hearing aid? There is no resound naida.

Sorry, mashed up a couple different hearing aids! It is a Resound Alera.

Back