one ear dragging you down?

lol see this is what the true AD'ers are like jokative and easy going..not repetitive and annoying like DrPhil with his re cochlear implant and re sunnybrook blah blah blah blah blahhhhhhhhhh...Anywhooo...today is a good day! it's my anniversary:D

Alicia - a query: post #32- your assertion that "JennyB" has "worst hearing" than I did at my Cochlear Implant operation- how it possible to be more than 100% deaf? Which I am to this day-both ears.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

you weren't 100 percent deaf before your cochlear implant

and it's my one year anniversary of being with grace:)

If drphil wants us to have a poll, let's have one. Who wants to start the thread? I'm on my bb so it is a bit hard to do!

I've got a 105-120db loss up to 1000HZ and nothing past that. I'm pretty gosh darn Deaf.

Hey, I had an idea!!

Maybe we should hook drphil up with Matajan!!! Now THAT would be a fun conversation to watch....
:popcorn::popcorn:

Alicia: That is interesting that you can assert positively that I wasn't 100% in both ears without actually knowing me. Considering that I joined in July/10. I don't recall meeting you at all. I have never been in Ottawa. I became DEAF on December 20, 2006. Absolute silence! My Phonak Hearing aid-BTE LL6 didn't bring any sound to me at all -even
though it was working. My neighbour said she could hear a loud "hum".I knew it was okay. That is a factual statement. It was confirmed at St Michaels ENT prior to referral to Sunnybrook in Jan/07. No ear infection etc. It is real easy for me now to "regress" to deafness-disconnect my Implant. I do it almost every day when go I swimming.
You didn't answer the query of how it possible for anyone to be "more than 100%" deaf?
Deafness to me means-SILENCE
According to my St Michael's" audiological record" I have No Response from 250 to 8,000 hertz. Average Hearing threshold is 500 to 2000 hz. I understand decibels relates to loudness and hertz relates to sound frequency.

Why all the hostility? We are all God's people, deaf or hearing. All should be respectful of each other. Hostility is detrimental to peace.

Why all the hostility? We are all God's people, deaf or hearing. All should be respectful of each other. Hostility is detrimental to peace.

:lol: You just want to sell batteries to both sides!

I'm sure I've seen here where you've posted a dB to what your hearing was before...and not many ppl that I've met have had hearing worse then jenny and to your other q...there isn't 100 percent deaf because medical deafness isn't measured in percents its measured in decibels ..step up ur game

Alicia: CHS has advised "medical"- real deafness is when sound is increased to 105 db.--and you can't hear it. This is not a percentage. Of course, if one can't hear anything- surely it can be described as a 100% loss. I am assuming that "nothing" is zero-hearing wise. It is you that indicates what you are hearing or not-at least every hearing test that I took. I don't think that deafness has ever been quantified into negative percentages.
As for what Jenny B's audiogram indicates- no idea. Does her comments in an thread: "Telephone" suggests she is not"totally deaf" but is "culturally self- defined" deaf. She has previously pointed out- an entirely different matter. She mentioned she could "hear" somewhat which is great. Yeah an "improvement over having to use" a VCO TTY phone.

Last edited:
Not sure who the "harvard girls" are? Wouldn't Gallaudet be more appropriate? Not sure why I should want to eat popcorn with "Matajan"?

Back