Ok, What's Out There?

Ok I just tested out Hamilton app for my android phone, I gotta say the spelling is wayyyy off and theres a 5-7 second delay.

How do I get purple btw? is the VRS free/ low cost? is purple mail free on my android phone? I like that they have a text and VOC option. I just don't know where to start.

I'm open to all types of communications as I hope to become more fluent with ASL, for now if I can find something that offers all then hey I'm a happy camper.

VRS is free and the hardware and software are given to you for free (well, not a free computer but free software to go on your computer). I do have Sorenson and it does have VCO as well. I am sure Purple does as well and I see Sprint has VRS now. Sprint Relay seems to have smartphones and fancy tablets with VRS programs.

I do like to use i711 or sprintip when in a pinch. I prefer real time typing, and Sprint (or maybe it was AT&T?) used to have PC-based relay services with real time typing, but it was stopped.

Ok I just tested out Hamilton app for my android phone, I gotta say the spelling is wayyyy off and theres a 5-7 second delay.

I wonder just how the "WebCapTel" and the "Mobile CapTel app" differ with respect to the spelling and delay issues. Because of being in an area where I cannot get voice & data at the same time I have used the "Web CapTel" (with two cell phones with different phone nbrs.) rather than the mobile app. I did not notice any spelling problems. The possibility of it varying depending on which individual captioner you get has occurred to me. Also, could this be a factor in the amount of delay. Hmmm, could the speed of your cell connection also be a factor in the delay?

How do I get purple btw? is the VRS free/ low cost? is purple mail free on my android phone? I like that they have a text and VOC option. I just don't know where to start.

I'm open to all types of communications as I hope to become more fluent with ASL, for now if I can find something that offers all then hey I'm a happy camper.

Purple Communications

Back