Ohio couple's wedding date a 100-year tradition

SilentWanderer

Reaction score
CINCINNATI (AP) — An Ohio bride's "something old" is her Sept. 9 wedding date: it's been a tradition in her family for a century.

Angelynn Perchermeier is getting married in Cincinnati on Friday, 100 years to the day that her great-great-grandparents exchanged their vows. Her great-grandparents also got hitched on Sept. 9, and so did her grandmother and grandfather.

Perchermeier's groom says when they were picking a date, she shared with him family newspaper clippings from the previous weddings and he knew she had her heart set on Sept. 9. Air Force Staff Sgt. Kyle Ray tells The Cincinnati Enquirer (Today, a family says 'we do' | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com ) he hopes their children will continue the tradition and choose the same date for their nuptials.

Family members don't know why the original couple married on Sept. 9.

Wirelessly posted

Aw :) Hope they keep the meaningful tradition up.

Remember when everyone was rushing to get married on 7/7/2007?? That was wild.

Yeah, I remember that. My brother-in-law was really adamant that he and my sister get married on 7/7, only this was back in '97.

Anyway, I know of a few divorces that happened on 6/6/06. :lol:

Remember when everyone was rushing to get married on 7/7/2007?? That was wild.

Two of our All Deaf members got married on 7/7/07 and I never forget them! Not conutine marry life. Oh well, that is life.

Back