Official AllDeaf Switched At Birth Discussion [tv show on abc family]

So, just noticed this was here! Haha, I really love switched at birth. It brings up a lot of issues and puts the issues out in an interesting way. Also enjoy the guest stars like TL Forsberg, who is one of my favorite performers. Can't wait to watch more!

Woah... I don't expect intense parts in the 14th episode. Phew! I just hope certain parts doesn't upset hardcore Deaf people, but I wonder, what do you think?

Also, the ending of 14th episode did surprise me! I think it might be heart attack... or if worse, someone actually attacks him? :( Oh and, don't reply to me if you don't watch and don't know what I talk about. Watch it and find out, first. :)

Woah... I don't expect intense parts in the 14th episode. Phew! I just hope certain parts doesn't upset hardcore Deaf people, but I wonder, what do you think?

Also, the ending of 14th episode did surprise me! I think it might be heart attack... or if worse, someone actually attacks him? :( Oh and, don't reply to me if you don't watch and don't know what I talk about. Watch it and find out, first. :)
I am a little surprised by episode 14. It has a lot of twists. But it remeinded me a lot about this site and opposite sides of the spectrum.

The last scene really blew a hole in everything. I can't wait to see what actually happened! I WANT TO KNOW!

Wirelessly posted

I wont watch 15th today cos of budget issues. I had my TV disconnected for while. :( i'll just read a summary instead this week.

I watched the entire first 2 seasons in 2 weeks, re-awakened my interest in ASL and here I am...learning diligently and addicted to a tv show for the first time in my life! (I never watch TV and only found SAB on accident!)

I especially loved the "all deaf" episode. I turned the sound off so I didn't know they had music or anything on there. It was great!

Just watched S02E18, I am not sure how I feel about all the relationships yet. I need to let this sink in... Hmm...

Watched the recent episode. Looking more like a soap opera than not. Meh. Don't care which characters get in bed with.

Watched the recent episode. Looking more like a soap opera than not. Meh. Don't care which characters get in bed with.

Yeah, it's kinda fast old, already. Well, it's ABC Family, which is aim at young adults and teens. But, I like how relationships don't always stay forever. One score for fictional reality, anyway. :)

Yea, it's getting old fast. The story got some rust bits on it.

Not sure why they had to add all this drama and such. It's really ruining the show for me and I'm not sure I will continue. The open sexual undertones in these teens can't be what's out there all time can it?

Not sure why they had to add all this drama and such. It's really ruining the show for me and I'm not sure I will continue. The open sexual undertones in these teens can't be what's out there all time can it?

Like what Kokonut said, it's just soap opera. SaB is somewhat similar to Twisted.

I guess I'm kinda too old for it, considering my current age. So, to me, it's just meh. By the way, it's so nice to see Stephanie (Natalie) and Daniel (Matthew?) again! :D

Yeah, I'm didn't feel comfortable watching it with my son recently. He's old enough to see it but it was still not cool and unnecessary.

I caught this week's episode online. Looks like Melody is going to start dating an audiologist? Wow. I hope being with a proud Deaf woman will help his perspective on Deaf culture.

I caught this week's episode online. Looks like Melody is going to start dating an audiologist? Wow. I hope being with a proud Deaf woman will help his perspective on Deaf culture.

How can she helps him on Deaf culture? Im curious. i dont watch that show.

How can she helps him on Deaf culture? Im curious. i dont watch that show.

Melody is the character played by Marlee Matlin. She and her son Emmett (played by Sean Berdy) love their lives as Deaf people, use ASL expertly, and demonstrate alot of pride in their culture. Now her ex-husband, her son's father, played by Anthony Natale, recently decided to get a CI. Lots of conflict around that, Emmett initially didn't want any part of it, but they eventually decide to meet him at the audiologist's office and offer some emotional support through the process.

So Melody meets the audiologist and there's indication that they're going to start dating. That's got to be an interesting relationship. He seemed like a pleasant enough person, but he also complained about people in his family who refused to consider a CI even though it's his line of work. So I'm thinking he's got some things to learn about how a person could be happy as they are.

I think when a story puts two people together who are so different, you can expect some conflict. Conflict can either destroy the relationship, or it can change the people involved. (Or some of each.) I'd be really surprised if they used this relationship to change Melody's feelings, her strong Deaf pride seems really important in this program. I'm hoping that it will be the other way around. Maybe as he gets to know her and understand her perspective, he'll internalize some of it and have a better sense of Deaf people being more than audiology clients, that there's a whole culture there worth learning about and coming to highly value. Maybe I'm hoping for too much, I don't know. I'll try to remember to catch it next week. I don't have cable, but the network's website is currently letting you watch the most recent episode online. After a week the video expires.

Back