Odd sensation/feeling in Walmart entrance?

I have heard buzzing noises in my hearing aids while walking thru security devices at store entrances. I can really tell what stores have good security sensores I guess. It must be a certain frequency that interfers with the aids?

You might have "heard" the effect of the security gate's magnetic field affect your hearing device. I'm used to this as I often refer to this as sniffing out security points.

A very good possibility, it just freaked me out and although it does not happen when I enter or exit, I am wondering if I am going to have to deal with it once a month when I change the missing children's boards? If so, I might have to stop after 13 years as it is really unpleasant. Thanks!!

Another possible source is a ultrasonic detection alarms that uses ultrasonic sound waves to detect a person in a sound field. While those sounds waves are not audible they are known to overload micophones and can create distortion in some hearing aids. This has been documented in some cases by SHH or HLLA as it is now called. I do not have a problem in Walmart but in a local Home Depot at one time when my CI was distorting the sounds and it only happen in one part of the store.

Also a possibility. I will have to check and see what type of security gates we have. Thanks.

I have heard buzzing noises in my hearing aids while walking thru security devices at store entrances. I can really tell what stores have good security sensores I guess. It must be a certain frequency that interfers with the aids?

I had thought it might be the combination of the redbox combined with the securty gates as I had no trouble at the other entrance. It has the same type of gates, just as close to where I was working, but no dvd vending machine.

ultrasonic detection alarms are usually watching hallways and the like in buildings and can be anywhere not in securty gates.

Odd. I rented some movies from there recently and didn't notice anything strange. I was turning my CI off when going through the security gate. My friend said he never does and has not lost his programs like the audilogist said was possible. I stopped turning it off.

Back