Ocd??

Nancy

Reaction score
I am wondering if I have OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder). I was told I was repeating the same things alot of times. I was even asking if I was doing fine (for reassurance)...one of the "symptoms" is doubt...so I was asking for reassurance.

Shelly (a friend) once told me that "email bombardment" is also an OCD symptom. I have never been treated or been to a doctor for this -- but I have answered tests online, and most of them said I probably do not have OCD because I don't have most of the symptoms (afraid of germs, unwanted sexual thoughts, hoarding useless items, etc.)....but the symptoms I did mentioned above did ring a bell.

Do I have some sort of anxiety disorder? Just wondering.

Nancy

Nancy, it is my own opinion, that you would have to ask your friends and family you are with on a daily basis to ask them for their honesty in whether you display OCD-like behaviour. You see OCD-like behaviour is displayed in a visual manner, it is quite hard to catch it on internet unless OCD can be caught on a literary manner. I honestly feel everyone has some form of OCD and it is for self-soothing/reassuring purposes in a harsh world. We do need to nurture ourselves from the within when we do not receive nurture from outside. Does this resonate with you? *hugs*

It is just my two cents worth here. :)

Nancy said:
I am wondering if I have OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder). I was told I was repeating the same things alot of times. I was even asking if I was doing fine (for reassurance)...one of the "symptoms" is doubt...so I was asking for reassurance.

Shelly (a friend) once told me that "email bombardment" is also an OCD symptom. I have never been treated or been to a doctor for this -- but I have answered tests online, and most of them said I probably do not have OCD because I don't have most of the symptoms (afraid of germs, unwanted sexual thoughts, hoarding useless items, etc.)....but the symptoms I did mentioned above did ring a bell.

Do I have some sort of anxiety disorder? Just wondering.

Nancy

OCD is a psychiatric disorder that is very hard to diagnose to an untrained eye, so you may need to seek profession advice for this. From the sounds of it, you're concerned enough to ask us our opinions, so it might be a good idea to make an appt with your medical doctor. From there, you could get a referral to a mental health professional if it's warranted.

I wish you good luck! :)

Cookie Monster said:
I honestly feel everyone has some form of OCD and it is for self-soothing/reassuring purposes in a harsh world. We do need to nurture ourselves from the within when we do not receive nurture from outside. Does this resonate with you? *hugs*

It is just my two cents worth here. :)

I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. OCD is a psychiatric illness that is not well understood, even though it is common. The disorder should be diagnosed properly by someone who is trained to recognize the symtomology of the disorder.

Hey!
I myself have OCD..what youre saying is just one of the many, many symptoms..so I recommend that you see your doctor.
But I'd say you probably don't. A lot of people repeat themselves with certian things and it's no big deal. :wiggle:

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Drphil ... What's with all the dragging up old posts ??

This is from 2005 - they've either dealt with it or not by now!

Does OCD have any effect on Hearing-today?

I can't see that it does, but then there are so many facets to OCD.

I myself have OCD of the organizational side. I have to have things organized in a specific way and things like that. It has nothing to do with my hearing loss.

I was born with SNHL and excessive calcium deposits in the ears due to breech delivery. I did not show any signs of my OCD for it to "bug" anyone until I was in my 30's when I had a therapist I worked with who said, "Hey, did you know you show signs of OCD? Let's have a talk." That's how I found I have OCD.

I am experience OCD None! I don't have label nothing said Doctor pseduo OCD o.o serious!!

I suspect straner label evidence on lebel, I dobult i aware it not aware it !I believe it nothing serious! I thinks doctor mistake!

I wish you good luck!
g.gif

Does OCD seem to be a discrete "problem" from various "hearing difficulties"? Would the "solution of OCD" thus" alleviate hearing difficulties" in the real world?

Does OCD seem to be a discrete "problem" from various "hearing difficulties"? Would the "solution of OCD" thus" alleviate hearing difficulties" in the real world?

OCD has nothing to do with hearing loss that we know. OCD is a mental-psychiatric disorder. Hearing loss is not a psychiatric disorder except those those who may be "playing" at hearing loss. Meaning they don't really have it, but believe they do. That is not OCD.

Above comment by KrinstinaB makes sense.
Side note: I don't have OCD.

Back