Obama & Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CC,

What else would you expect? It's not as if the Iranians loved President Bush either.

And good for Obama! Iran's development of nuclear weapons *is* unacceptable.

yes i agree, but then why shouldnt they have nuclear energy? it's better for the envoirment.
but they will be dangerous with nuclear technology, but instead of flexing your muscles, wouldnt it have been better to offer them an alternative? saying,stop your nuclear program and we will build and run a nuclear power station for your people, I know thats not what they want but it would take the"it's only for nuclear power arguement out of the equation" and you would find more international backing having made an attempt to resolve the problem, and also keep them from getting the technology.
Iran with nuclear power is the first step to the end of the world, no country dictated by religion shoukld ever be allowed to have such dangerous weapons, if need be I'd go for nuking them, self preservation for the future of mankind, harsh i know, but what do you think they will do with that power? Israels first(which some might say deservedly) then the US next, so if it's not resolved it will bea strike first policy.

yes i agree, but then why shouldnt they have nuclear energy? it's better for the envoirment.
but they will be dangerous with nuclear technology, but instead of flexing your muscles, wouldnt it have been better to offer them an alternative? saying,stop your nuclear program and we will build and run a nuclear power station for your people, I know thats not what they want but it would take the"it's only for nuclear power arguement out of the equation" and you would find more international backing having made an attempt to resolve the problem, and also keep them from getting the technology.
Iran with nuclear power is the first step to the end of the world, no country dictated by religion shoukld ever be allowed to have such dangerous weapons, if need be I'd go for nuking them, self preservation for the future of mankind, harsh i know, but what do you think they will do with that power? Israels first(which some might say deservedly) then the US next, so if it's not resolved it will bea strike first policy.

Iran will *never* stop developing nuclear weapons no matter what we do to help or discourage them.

Iran will *never* stop developing nuclear weapons no matter what we do to help or discourage them.

I agree hear again, perhaps a bit of nuclear fission on their doorstep will help sway public opinion lol

CC,

What else would you expect? It's not as if the Iranians loved President Bush either.

And good for Obama! Iran's development of nuclear weapons *is* unacceptable.

I thought that Iran's nuclear ambitions were debunked years ago?

If so, Obama doesn't seem to be showing much change on this stance.

And why should they? The United States and other western nations have nuclear weapons. Isn't it a bit hypocritical that we don't want other nations to have them but we have them?

It's sad that Obama is influenced by the AIPAC lobby. I was hoping he'd work on negotiation instead of using the same stance towards Iran that Bush has used.

And why should they? The United States and other western nations have nuclear weapons. Isn't it a bit hypocritical that we don't want other nations to have them but we have them?

It's sad that Obama is influenced by the AIPAC lobby. I was hoping he'd work on negotiation instead of using the same stance towards Iran that Bush has used.

Oh, I wasn't saying that Iran shouldn't have nuclear capabilities. I was only pointing out the fact that they will continue to develop weapons no matter whether we help them or not.

I agree with the last point you made in your post. I wonder if Obama will change his stance eventually?

I thought that Iran's nuclear ambitions were debunked years ago?

If so, Obama doesn't seem to be showing much change on this stance.

Actually, Iran could very well be in the process of producing fissile material for atomic bombs using uranium enriched at Natanz and plutonium produced at Arak.

It seems like Iranian government want us to invade their country.

It seems like Iranian government want us to invade their country.

I think so too. After all, they don't seem to have any fear about a U.S. invasion and aren't doing anything to stop their nuclear production.

I think they're more sick of posturing on the part of our public officials over the years.

Ask the average Iranian and they likely don't give a shit what we think of them or the fact that we dislike their president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back