NYPD Cop in Chokehold Death Loses Gun, Badge

I don't see anywhere that he was selling loosies to minors ???....even that isn't a major crime...not bad enuf for a choke hold....all those Cops around him...actually harassing him for something like this?.....And look at the results!....no one came to his aid!

I read that he was very sweet and friendly. He didn't deserve it. He just needed to make money that way which IRS doesn't like. It's all about TAX. Stupid little thing.

Oh, what about deaf peddlers? They don't pay tax.

Oh, yeah I forgot about EMS. At the end of the video, I watched them doing nothing. That got me thinking "isn't it their job to save lives?". Well, they got fired after that.

Hey Jiro, please read this at least five times.

So can you tell me why it's a violation?
that's what newspapers say.... and they have no facts. you should know enough by now that newspapers like to enrage the public because it sells.

please read this at least 20 times.

The New York City Medical Examiner's Office said today it had not reached any finding on Garner's cause of death.

"At this time, no determination has been made by the Medical Examiner's office as to the cause and manner of death of Eric Garner," ME spokeswoman Julie Bolcer said. "The cause and manner of death are pending further studies, and no findings will be released until the investigation is complete. Any other information or suggestion to the contrary is simply not true."

Policeman's Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch, questioned by ABC News about what constitutes an appropriate use of force, said the public should not rush to judge before the official investigation is concluded.

"At times, when officers are required to make an arrest, they must employ the use of force in order to get compliance from an individual who NYPD policy requires must be rear-cuffed for transport to a precinct," Lynch said. "Force, by its very nature, is an ugly thing to witness. Taken out of the context of what is happening, necessary force can be misinterpreted to be excessive by those who are not trained in law enforcement procedures."

I read that he was very sweet and friendly. He didn't deserve it. He just needed to make money that way which IRS doesn't like. It's all about TAX. Stupid little thing.

Oh, what about deaf peddlers? They don't pay tax.

that's what everybody said about many shooters.

"he's so sweet and friendly!!! he would never hurt a soul!!!! I can't believe it!!"

sounds familiar? so if he's very sweet and friendly.... then why did he resist arrest and fight with the police?

that's what everybody said about many shooters.

"he's so sweet and friendly!!! he would never hurt a soul!!!! I can't believe it!!"

sounds familiar? so if he's very sweet and friendly.... then why did he resist arrest and fight with the police?
He fought with police? OMG! Did he punch their faces or kick their balls? Watch the video at least 30 times. You fail to acknowledge that a chokehold is a violation of NYPD policy.

But...but...but...what about Rodney King?

That's between police officers and him.

Rodney King is repeat offender as well so I have no sympathy for him.

I'm sympathetic to citizens who are absolutely innocent and get beat up by police officers for no reason.

:shock: I can't believe what you just said. It sounds like you are happy that he died. *smh*

I have absolutely no emotion for this situation, even I'm not happy nor sad.

I'm sure that you never been victim of crime in your life and you will say differently if you are victim of crime.

I have absolutely no emotion for this situation, even I'm not happy nor sad.

I'm sure that you never been victim of crime in your life and you will say differently if you are victim of crime.
What does it have to do with this thread? :roll:

This thread is about a dead victim of police brutality.

What does it have to do with this thread? :roll:

This thread is about a dead victim of police brutality.

Who created this thread? The victim of crime don't care about repeat offenders who brutalized to death by police officers and victims are enough with many, many crime. I have enough with repeat offenders and they deserve to die, especially for serious crime.

Who created this thread? The victim of crime don't care about repeat offenders who brutalized to death by police officers and victims are enough with many, many crime. I have enough with repeat offenders and they deserve to die, especially for serious crime.
OK, all I can say is "God doesn't bless you".

You made your statement extremely embarrassed and it doesn't make any sense. :ugh:
Anyone who commits a crime (tax fraud, robbery, burglary, car theft, dope dealing, etc), you want them dead?

If so, you are very crazy. May I suggest that you join human rights group and you will learn a lot?

Anyone who commits a crime (tax fraud, robbery, burglary, car theft, dope dealing, etc), you want them dead?

If so, you are very crazy. May I suggest that you join human rights group and you will learn a lot?

Only for repeat offenders - break too many laws and it looks like you need to read my posts again and again - I'm saying about repeat offenders.

Most repeat offenders are waste of our taxes, resource and have no jobs to become a productive citizen, so they are going outside to commit more crime and they don't care about you.

That's not funny - I'm victim of 2 cases of armed robbery in DC and it changed my life, so I suffered PTSD with scary flashbacks and I became hardline on criminal.

Only for repeat offenders - break too many laws and it looks like you need to read my posts again and again - I'm saying about repeat offenders.

Most repeat offenders are waste of our taxes, resource and have no jobs to become a productive citizen, so they are going outside to commit more crime and they don't care about you.

That's not funny - I'm victim of 2 cases of armed robbery in DC and it changed my life, so I suffered PTSD with scary flashbacks and I became hardline on criminal.
I get your point. Repeated criminals should not get out of jail. We have to blame on the courts for making it easier for them. However it's still no excuse for cops to do what they did to him. NYPD forbids chokeholds but one of its officers failed to follow the policy so...

Wait and see if the city will pay or not. If it pays, then the officers did wrong.

NYC chokehold death ruled homicide

Video of incident showed Staten Island man lying on ground motionless

Eric Garner, 43, died July 17 after being confronted by police on Staten Island for allegedly selling illegal cigarettes.

During the encounter, Garner raised both hands in the air and told the officers not to touch him. Seconds later, a video shows an officer behind him grab the 350-pound man in a choke hold and pull him to the sidewalk, rolling him onto his stomach.

"I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" Garner said repeatedly, his cries muffled into the pavement.

The cause of Garner's death was "compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police," said Julie Bolcer, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office. The death was ruled a homicide.

Acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease were listed as contributing conditions in a controversial death that sparked anti-police demonstrations and calls for a federal investigation.

Douglas Auer, a spokesman for the Richmond County district attorney's office, said the investigation into the death was continuing.

"We await the issuance of the official death certificate and the autopsy report," he said in a statement.

There was no immediate reaction from Garner's family.

The video of the incident showed the Staten Island man lying on the ground motionless after he was taken down by a group of officers. An asthmatic, Garner was later declared dead at a nearby hospital, according to CNN affiliate WCBS. Police said he suffered a heart attack and died on the way to the hospital.

"This is a terrible tragedy that occurred ... A terrible tragedy that no family should have to experience," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said after the death, calling the video of the incident "very troubling."

Garner, a grandfather with six children, had a lengthy criminal history, including more than 30 arrests, and had been previously arrested for selling untaxed cigarettes in May, according to police.

But demonstrators in New York called the police response during his arrest excessive and criminal.

On July 19, Garner's friends and family rallied with the Rev. Al Sharpton in Harlem, demanding a full investigation into Garner's death, according to WCBS.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo, who is seen on the video choking Garner, was put on modified assignment and stripped of his badge and gun as the New York Police Department continues to investigate the incident, WCBS reported. The choke hold tactic is prohibited by the NYPD.

Two EMTs and two paramedics also were suspended without pay, according to Erika Hellstrom, vice president of development at Richmond University Medical Center.

In a statement, Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Patrick J. Lynch called Pantaleo's reassignment "a completely unwarranted, kneejerk reaction for political reasons." He said the move "effectively pre-judges this case and denies the officer the very benefit of a doubt that has long been part of the social contract that allows police officers to face the risks of this difficult and complex job."

Police Commissioner William Bratton ordered an extensive review of the NYPD's training procedures after Garner death.

After a two-hour meeting with NYPD Training Commissioner Ben Tucker last week, Bratton ordered a "top to bottom review of all the training that this department provides to its personnel, specifically focusing on force, how do we train our officers for a takedown, how do we train them to use the various levels of force that they're authorized to use."

"I would anticipate that coming out of this effort that there will be a re-training of every member of the New York City Police Department in the weeks, months and potential years ahead," Bratton said.

NYC chokehold death ruled homicide | News - Home

Video of incident showed Staten Island man lying on ground motionless

Eric Garner, 43, died July 17 after being confronted by police on Staten Island for allegedly selling illegal cigarettes.

During the encounter, Garner raised both hands in the air and told the officers not to touch him. Seconds later, a video shows an officer behind him grab the 350-pound man in a choke hold and pull him to the sidewalk, rolling him onto his stomach.

"I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" Garner said repeatedly, his cries muffled into the pavement.

The cause of Garner's death was "compression of neck (choke hold), compression of chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police," said Julie Bolcer, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office. The death was ruled a homicide.

Acute and chronic bronchial asthma, obesity and hypertensive cardiovascular disease were listed as contributing conditions in a controversial death that sparked anti-police demonstrations and calls for a federal investigation.

Douglas Auer, a spokesman for the Richmond County district attorney's office, said the investigation into the death was continuing.

"We await the issuance of the official death certificate and the autopsy report," he said in a statement.

There was no immediate reaction from Garner's family.

The video of the incident showed the Staten Island man lying on the ground motionless after he was taken down by a group of officers. An asthmatic, Garner was later declared dead at a nearby hospital, according to CNN affiliate WCBS. Police said he suffered a heart attack and died on the way to the hospital.

"This is a terrible tragedy that occurred ... A terrible tragedy that no family should have to experience," New York Mayor Bill de Blasio said after the death, calling the video of the incident "very troubling."

Garner, a grandfather with six children, had a lengthy criminal history, including more than 30 arrests, and had been previously arrested for selling untaxed cigarettes in May, according to police.

But demonstrators in New York called the police response during his arrest excessive and criminal.

On July 19, Garner's friends and family rallied with the Rev. Al Sharpton in Harlem, demanding a full investigation into Garner's death, according to WCBS.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo, who is seen on the video choking Garner, was put on modified assignment and stripped of his badge and gun as the New York Police Department continues to investigate the incident, WCBS reported. The choke hold tactic is prohibited by the NYPD.

Two EMTs and two paramedics also were suspended without pay, according to Erika Hellstrom, vice president of development at Richmond University Medical Center.

In a statement, Patrolmen's Benevolent Association President Patrick J. Lynch called Pantaleo's reassignment "a completely unwarranted, kneejerk reaction for political reasons." He said the move "effectively pre-judges this case and denies the officer the very benefit of a doubt that has long been part of the social contract that allows police officers to face the risks of this difficult and complex job."

Police Commissioner William Bratton ordered an extensive review of the NYPD's training procedures after Garner death.

After a two-hour meeting with NYPD Training Commissioner Ben Tucker last week, Bratton ordered a "top to bottom review of all the training that this department provides to its personnel, specifically focusing on force, how do we train our officers for a takedown, how do we train them to use the various levels of force that they're authorized to use."

"I would anticipate that coming out of this effort that there will be a re-training of every member of the New York City Police Department in the weeks, months and potential years ahead," Bratton said.

NYC chokehold death ruled homicide | News - Home

so CrazyPaul.... still think a medical examiner would lie and cover it up?

Back