NYPD Cop in Chokehold Death Loses Gun, Badge

of course! NYC is not stupid. they have liability insurance for this kind of things.

I got it now. It means premium cost will go up after they receive more claims or expensive claims?

bingo. a very prudent course of action right now. I think everything hinges on medical examiner's finding for cause of death.
I don't fu*king trust an medical examiner who works for the city that can tell him/her to cover it up. Have you worked there?

That where city or police department have own insurance?
I believe that it's a requirement. Any tax isn't supposed to cover the lawsuits. For example, a tax goes to a road repair but if the city loses a lawsuit, does that mean that tax goes to a lawsuit instead of a road repair? Wrong!

No, so you trust them? That's why defendants' lawyers hire another medical examiner.
that's fine. in most cases.... medical examiners' testimonies are truthful.

you think it's easy to cover it up? what if defendant's lawyer hired independent investigator and found that it's a cover-up? you really do watch too much movies....

that's fine. in most cases.... medical examiners' testimonies are truthful.

you think it's easy to cover it up? what if defendant's lawyer hired independent investigator and found that it's a cover-up? you really do watch too much movies....
Come on, man...it can happen, right? Trust nobody!!! You trust your mother? Good luck!

I believe that it's a requirement. Any tax isn't supposed to cover the lawsuits. For example, a tax goes to a road repair but if the city loses a lawsuit, does that mean that tax goes to a lawsuit instead of a road repair? Wrong!

but insurance premium will go up if there is more claims, or more expensive claim.

well to be more specific - it can come from city's revenue fund but it's complicated depending on situation. in either way - a lawsuit between citizen and city does cost taxpayer money.

for example -

UPDATE: City of South Bend to pay former communications director $235,000 in settlement | Local - Home
The money is coming from a liability insurance fund established in the city budget. All city departments contribute to the “Internal Service Fund” annually. The fund is in place to offer the city a form of self-insurance for the settlement of such claims and is made up of taxpayer dollars, the mayor said. Money from litigation the city wins is also deposited into that fund.

Come on, man...it can happen, right? Trust nobody!!! You trust your mother? Good luck!

sure it can happen but in high profile case? nope. everything is under microscope.

sure it can happen but in high profile case? nope. everything is under microscope.
Not always. There are many murderers still roaming free. Back to the topic, did you read the title of this thread? Cop loses gun and badge? Why?

I'm sure there is cardinal sins that could land the cops in the unemployment line...

It depends on the outcome of the DA and the IA (Internal Affairs) investigation in the circumstances.

Oh boy, why did the cop give up his gun and badge? He will not get them back, period.
because it's a standard procedure when an officer is under investigation.... why is this very hard for you to understand? you keep asking me this.

because it's a standard procedure when an officer is under investigation.... why is this very hard for you to understand? you keep asking me this.
"Sorry, man, you are fu*cked up so please give up your gun and badge."

"My apology, you are not fu*ked up so you can have your gun and badge back."

Really?

Tone it down please.

Thank you.

Really?

Really?
uh... so.... why is he not fired from NYPD? :roll: