Now that I'm going to get deaf sooner or later.

Reptillian

Reaction score
While I cannot diagnose my progress in going from hard of hearing to deaf. I been taking some frequency hearing test with individuals younger and older than me in order to give a idea of where am I when it comes to hearing frequency. As it turns out, I cannot hear as well as any of my family and the majority of the people. Over time, I been losing the ability to hear low frequency sounds from 200 hz to 250 hz and other sounds below that hearing range that humans can hear while I cannot hear any frequency above 8khz (probably just a bit above 11 KHZ) even though I could a year ago. Any suggestions on what can I do to accommodate myself in this issue.

While I cannot diagnose my progress in going from hard of hearing to deaf. I been taking some frequency hearing test with individuals younger and older than me in order to give a idea of where am I when it comes to hearing frequency. As it turns out, I cannot hear as well as any of my family and the majority of the people. Over time, I been losing the ability to hear low frequency sounds from 200 hz to 250 hz and other sounds below that hearing range that humans can hear while I cannot hear any frequency above 8khz (probably just a bit above 11 KHZ) even though I could a year ago. Any suggestions on what can I do to accommodate myself in this issue.

Reptilian, are you a relative of Skunker?

What's your current hearing loss range? Is it mild? moderate? severe? profound? And are you currently wearing any hearing aids?

What's your current hearing loss range? Is it mild? moderate? severe? profound? And are you currently wearing any hearing aids?

Diagnosed as severe deafness and I'm wearing Oticon hearing aids in the whatever it is called which purpose is to cover up the Acoustic meatus. Been deaf from birth due to Congenital rubella syndrome.

In my case, I had learned that I would eventually lose all my hearing at some future point (have done so already), I worked hard at teaching myself to read lips and to learn about deaf culture and such. I am still learning ASL. I was 10 when I was told I would lose it at some point, and I was 42 when I lost it all.

Diagnosed as severe deafness and I'm wearing Oticon hearing aids in the whatever it is called which purpose is to cover up the Acoustic meatus. Been deaf from birth due to Congenital rubella syndrome.
In another word, you used to have a mild or moderate hearing loss and it's now severe?

Been like severely hard of hearing since birth, but I notice I'm losing the ability to hear certain frequency.

Back