Nokia N800 Internet Tablet w/ wireless B/G and bluetooth

ok...thanks, again, deafclimber. I may ask Sorenson about it.

no it wont work because sorenson envision sl program is designed for windows only. you can ask sorenson to program that for n800. :)

Yup that's right. It's Linux base so that's why it won't work with Windows Base Sorenson Envision SL. It be nice if Sorenson create programming for videochat software for Linux.

Catty

I wonder if EnVision SL program can work with Windows Mobile 5.0 on HTC TyTN product (PDA)?

I wonder if EnVision SL program can work with Windows Mobile 5.0 on HTC TyTN product (PDA)?

no wireless carrier will release video share(video calling) yet but att(formerly cingular) will release it this coming june. so no VRS program like Envision SL program for any pda with front built in camera will come in yet. i am sure someone is developing the VRS programs for pda or other device to call through VRS in the future.

if you travel with your laptop, you can tether your laptop to TyTN as modem so you can put webcam on ur laptop and call anyone through VRS program on your laptop. same with other 3G devices like cingular 8525, treo 700 or 750.

Hello, I am sad for not having Envision SL program. Take a look at below. I copied email reply from Sorenson and pasted it here for you.

Thank you for contacting Sorenson VRS Tech Support. No, it won't work
since EnVision SL is a Platform based on Windows Operation. PDA using
the difference Platform.

Thank you for choosing SorensonVRS as your video relay solution.

Thank you,

xxxxx - 132
Technical Support Engineer
Sorenson Communications

In addition to say...Sorenson EnVision SL program won't work with Windows Mobile 5.0 on HTC TyTN and Linux on Nokia N800. I will find other program which has accepted ip address only instead. If not, I have to wait until MobileASL comes out on the market or other videopone mobile comes first. Sigh! I have to hold my pant.

In addition to say...Sorenson EnVision SL program won't work with Windows Mobile 5.0 on HTC TyTN and Linux on Nokia N800. I will find other program which has accepted ip address only instead.

i thought u understand us clearly that we stated that it doesnt work at all. as i said before, you can put webcam on your laptop that is tethered to any 3G devices as modem. so you can call anyone through VRS.

If not, I have to wait until MobileASL comes out on the market or other videopone mobile comes first. Sigh! I have to hold my pant.

yes we have to wait til we will know these stuffs more after video share ll release in usa this early summer.

Deafclimber,

Your suggestion is nice about clinging to 3G device. But too much work to carry my webcam, laptop and 3G device together. Laptop is big to carry. I like a simple and small thing to bring it easily such as PDA with built in webcam.

Okay, I look foward to Video Share ll this coming summer. :) Also, I look forward to Ojo Video Phones. Ojo Video Phones will distribute to the Deaf application who signed up for free. I am excited about this, too.

In addition to say...Sorenson EnVision SL program won't work with Windows Mobile 5.0 on HTC TyTN and Linux on Nokia N800. I will find other program which has accepted ip address only instead. If not, I have to wait until MobileASL comes out on the market or other videopone mobile comes first. Sigh! I have to hold my pant.

Yup holding ur pant is better way. Safe than sorry.

I am fully aware that Linux do not have much compatibilty with webcams (that's only on Desktop or Laptop). They will work on particular webcam or have manufacter to configure the webcam for Linux to work with. As for Windows Mobile, right now WM 6 came out and hopefully Sorenson or someone can build such program that can be downloaded and use for webcam chat. I cannot promise it'll be slick video like VP100 or 200. You'll have to come and see if how smooth video is on mobile device. If video seem choppy while use. Don't buy it!!.. (If video is a little choppy but enuf to read ASL, eeeeerrrr it's okaaaay cuz it's just mobile limitation)

If the Mobile device w/ VP have WiFi and G3 built along with Cellular network, Video will be smooth (can't promise). You have to remember it all depends on Mobile's processor. Most CMOS webcam depends on CPU's processor speed. While CCD have it's own processor, free from CPU's processor dependency tend to be very slick but it can drains battery faster (CCD's processor and mobile processor using power same time). That's something you might want to research before buying or getting free w/ montly plan. Also WiFi and 3G can drain battery too.

Mobile VP is very new and once it comes out this summer, I would like to play around with it if I can get hand on w/o purchasing plan LOL. I would rate how good it is. I'm just being picky about videochat capabilty.

So hold ur pant but don't get urself a wedgie LOL.

Catty

Yup holding ur pant is better way. Safe than sorry.

I am fully aware that Linux do not have much compatibilty with webcams (that's only on Desktop or Laptop). They will work on particular webcam or have manufacter to configure the webcam for Linux to work with. As for Windows Mobile, right now WM 6 came out and hopefully Sorenson or someone can build such program that can be downloaded and use for webcam chat. I cannot promise it'll be slick video like VP100 or 200. You'll have to come and see if how smooth video is on mobile device. If video seem choppy while use. Don't buy it!!.. (If video is a little choppy but enuf to read ASL, eeeeerrrr it's okaaaay cuz it's just mobile limitation)

If the Mobile device w/ VP have WiFi and G3 built along with Cellular network, Video will be smooth (can't promise). You have to remember it all depends on Mobile's processor. Most CMOS webcam depends on CPU's processor speed. While CCD have it's own processor, free from CPU's processor dependency tend to be very slick but it can drains battery faster (CCD's processor and mobile processor using power same time). That's something you might want to research before buying or getting free w/ montly plan. Also WiFi and 3G can drain battery too.

Mobile VP is very new and once it comes out this summer, I would like to play around with it if I can get hand on w/o purchasing plan LOL. I would rate how good it is. I'm just being picky about videochat capabilty.

So hold ur pant but don't get urself a wedgie LOL.

Catty

There already been a Video phone out for awhile and you can even get them now if you want but price tag is about 600-700 dollar.

Here a link of it HTC

It have 2 camera, one on rear and one on front.

If you click on "Interactive Demo" then you can see what the video phone looks like on screen.

This phone can be use on AT&T/Cingular 3G network and it the same phone as AT&T/Cingular 8525 but Cingular order their phone without the front video camera.

There already been a Video phone out for awhile and you can even get them now if you want but price tag is about 600-700 dollar.

Here a link of it HTC

It have 2 camera, one on rear and one on front.

If you click on "Interactive Demo" then you can see what the video phone looks like on screen.

This phone can be use on AT&T/Cingular 3G network and it the same phone as AT&T/Cingular 8525 but Cingular order their phone without the front video camera.

Yep. It'll blow a hole on my wallet. I'd rather wait for price to cool down. But it's too much for deafie to own it. Only rich deafie or rich mommy and daddy can purchase it for them w/ pre-paid 2 years contract LOL. Try to meet Billioniare and ask for that device. He'll shell out as were if it's a penny to him. :giggle:

Yep. It'll blow a hole on my wallet. I'd rather wait for price to cool down. But it's too much for deafie to own it. Only rich deafie or rich mommy and daddy can purchase it for them w/ pre-paid 2 years contract LOL. Try to meet Billioniare and ask for that device. He'll shell out as were if it's a penny to him. :giggle:

No provider/carrier in the USA is offering TyTn with a contract.

You would have to find a dealer in USA or buy it from Ebay but you could put it on deaf TAP plan with no contract for 30 dollar a month.

Here an example of Ebay listed eBay: NEW HTC TyTN Pocket PC Phone 3G 2MP Camera WiFi QWERTY (item 110133368419 end time Jun-09-07 20:03:17 PDT)

I don't know if any carrier will ever offer a phone like that in USA becasuse of it price if people will be willing to shell out lots of money for a front video camera phone.

Back