no tubes short enough

airforcefamily

Reaction score
I've had my hearing aids for a little over a month now. (Thanks for all the help the first time I posted!) They're phonak audeo q90, in purple because that totally matters (the purple is awesome, I'm so glad I went for it).

The big stumbling block with getting a good fit that is also comfortable is my ears. They're small. The smallest tip availablr to go over the receiver was too big and kept working it's way out. The audiologist took impressions to do custom tips and gave me these tiny silicone sleeves with a lock loop off them to use until the new ones came in. They were uncomfortable for me so I put the "open fit domes" back on.

The other part of the problem is that the tubes are too long. I picked up the custom earpiece (is that the correct term?) today and it fits well but because it fits differently the tubes are now too long. They were borderline too long with the domes but now it's obvious. They are phonak size 0 and don't come any smaller.

The audiologist is doing a great job working with me on trying to get them to be comfortable but I wanted to do some research on my own. The only thing I've thought of were pediatric options but she said parts for this one just don't come smaller.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure how much I'm going to wear them. The tube sticks out of my ear straight and then curves up. It looks goofy, like little handles on the sides of my head. Ive tried pushing them further in over and over but it's very uncomfortable like that and the tubes still dont sit flush. Something larger that is supposed to be larger wouldn't bother me but something small that doesn't fit correctly does.

Any ideas?

I had to have the tubing cut so my HA felt comfortable to wear . The hook was cutting into my ear. Can't the tubing be cut on your earmold ? I have purple HA and ear mold.

That AudeoQ90 is a RIC? Nothing can be done if you have the shortest receiver wire.

If it hurts enough, you could trade for a hearing aid that uses traditional tubing and molds. Then it can be cut to any length.

I used to wear hearing aids meant for 4-6 year olds when I was 13 because my ears were so small. All of the tubing is too big. With the hearing aids I wear now I have the smallest tubing they have and they are still way too big lol

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

I used to wear hearing aids meant for 4-6 year olds when I was 13 because my ears were so small. All of the tubing is too big. With the hearing aids I wear now I have the smallest tubing they have and they are still way too big lol

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

LOL I wear these kind too at the moment (yes, they're freaking awesome) but soon I'll have new hearing aids

Back