No charges against cop who shot unarmed man

They said that although Sierra fired his weapon 16 times, hitting Farmer seven times — including three times in the back — they did not think they could show that the shooting was unreasonable, a key component of proving that Sierra had committed a crime.

um..... ok.... 7 out of 16 times? 44% accuracy rate? that's abysmal.

time to enact a stricter gun law for police officers - no hi-cap magazine.

The problem is keeping a lid on the court system. It is seamless all across the USA to make sure these kinds of incidents with officers shooting and killing all manner of citizens that did not deserve to die are prosecuted in a certain way to not create legal precedent that would actually punish the perpetrators. The Zimmerman case fell in that category amongst literally thousands of other cases.
Right now a police officer can wrongfully shoot you and kill you and anyone else and the court system everywhere in the US makes sure that it is handled in certain ways.
Police will do time for all other kinds of incidents but not this.... and believe me they know it. They know it like they know their own name.

That's clearly a murder by this fu*king asshole cop. He must DIE! I hope one day he will be tortured and murdered. Where the hell is Dexter?

Dash cam video of police shooting -- chicagotribune.com

Man, what would these cops do without a police badge to hide behind? When I was still in the Army, there were lots of civilian cops in my unit and I used to just sit and listen to the fked up shit they used to tell eachother. I even asked one how he got away with speeding and he told me his car had plates that would come back during a check to "Do not stop, do not detain". This guy would push 100 all the time in his civilian car. He said "You have to be a police officer to apply for these plates".

I don't think these muderous cops should be tortured or executed, just stick them behind bars for the rest of their lives and let the non-violent drug offenders out already. Prison should be for criminals like these assasins.

Maybe officers ate too much junk food and too grease hand and hard for aim? :giggle:

If I was officer and I would shoot his leg. Why bother chest area?

If I was officer and I would shoot his leg. Why bother chest area?

In the Army I was always taught aim for center mass (Chest/ torso) because it's the largest area on the body to hit and most vital organs are located there. Aiming for legs, arms or head are really hard to hit, especially if the target is moving.

They were likely trained in the same way the US Army Military Police are to "shoot to disable" which will appear on reports; a form of wordsmithing a defence in court which always stands up.

I don't agree that the officer did the right thing at all, and I'm not trying to defend him, just explaining based of my previous occupational training and experience.

We had several shooting to death instances in Anchorage last year where the police gunned down citizens. I was part of the protest. I myself was once nearly taken out because I did not hear- that was a few years ago.

The thing was last year they had put together a really good SWAT team. When they showed up it was shotguns blazing and whoever it was basically executed.
In a lot of the cases everywhere it is not hardened criminals being gunned down. It is somebodies kid that is out screwing up. A suicidally depressed or otherwise mentally out of kilter anybody. A drunk who did not put down the piece of broken broomstick, or a fountain pen.
These people for whatever reason did not instantly stop and drop whatever it was before raising their hands, or made some kind of suspicious movement or put up a fight or they ran.
After the public protest here it was surprising, they gunned down one more citizen and it was over and has stayed over. They somehow Thank You figured out how to not be doing that.
We all know it is rough out there and that these people working for us have a tough job. If it was the straight up bad guys dying by gunfire... who is sad about that? It is so often the mentally ill, drunk, or just someone pissing them off.

Also time to revise a shoot-to-kill policy.

Im sure it was multiple mags used....lol

In the Army I was always taught aim for center mass (Chest/ torso) because it's the largest area on the body to hit and most vital organs are located there. Aiming for legs, arms or head are really hard to hit, especially if the target is moving.

They were likely trained in the same way the US Army Military Police are to "shoot to disable" which will appear on reports; a form of wordsmithing a defence in court which always stands up.

I don't agree that the officer did the right thing at all, and I'm not trying to defend him, just explaining based of my previous occupational training and experience.
Most police officers are Ex-Military personnel

Individual officers like Sierra are protected by damages claims in civil court through “qualified immunity,” which is then left to be paid by tax payers. While Sierra walks away a free man, Chicago taxpayers are stuck paying the tab for the $4.1 million civil lawsuit against the city over Farmer’s death. Chi-town has already doled out nearly $50 million in settlements from years of police violence, most recently a $8.5 million settlement on behalf of an officer who shot a teen in the back.
Cop Caught Shooting Unarmed Man Faces No Criminal Charges | News One

Why do taxpayers have to pay for police screw-ups? That sucks.

Last edited:
Wonderful city of Chicago..... Chicago finest must be so proud.... reminds me of the time a kid sneaked in one of the police department and people thought he was a cop

Back