No CCs on HDTV lcd with YPbPr cords

deafclimber

Reaction score
we just got a new HDTV lcd while ago. yesterday a cable guy from Comcast Cable installed HDTV DVR onto that LCD and we realized there is no CCs on LCD with DVR if YPbPr is on. We are extremely disappointed with that isnt working with CCs.

do you have a same experience problem with HDTV that is connected to Comcast DVR with YPbPr cords ? i wonder if i put Svideo cord on both ends inputs, the CC may work.

deafclimber said:
we just got a new HDTV lcd while ago. yesterday a cable guy from Comcast Cable installed HDTV DVR onto that LCD and we realized there is no CCs on LCD with DVR if YPbPr is on. We are extremely disappointed with that isnt working with CCs.

do you have a same experience problem with HDTV that is connected to Comcast DVR with YPbPr cords ? i wonder if i put Svideo cord on both ends inputs, the CC may work.

My TV have a RCA jacks, and works for CCing on it.. You should get RCA cord from Radio Shack, and the YPbPr sound like for Video Editings.. so do change to RCA jacks and you'll see the CCings on it.

yea my hdtv lcd has RF input and Svideo.. they work just fine but not for only HD channels. i want HDTV on YPbPr because it goes with widescreen as normal. Wtih RF input and Svideo, the screen looks funny and not clear and has stretch screen which isnt normal like ur face smashed by dump truck.

i think i found a solution from HDTV forum. i will try to fix its problem after my work today. what i learned is that HDTV DVR which is Motorola DCT6412 has built in CC. According to Comcast HDTV subscribers, we need to power the DVR off then on. As you see the setting menu on screen at the begin, Go to enable the CC. It should work on any HDTV channel.

Hope this will help you for your future HDTV televisions.

FYI There is no caption capabilities though HDTV channels! Only though analog. If you want 100% cc, go for EDTV not HDTV!!! I just learn this from good friend of mine who discovered this when he was working on testing.

diehardbiker65 said:
FYI There is no caption capabilities though HDTV channels! Only though analog. If you want 100% cc, go for EDTV not HDTV!!! I just learn this from good friend of mine who discovered this when he was working on testing.

Actually, the cc for EDTV uses the same old cc technology that is on regular TV's. HDTV requires digital cc. I've read somewhere that Zenith has already developed this technology so it should be out somewhere.

I am expecting to receive my LCD TV very soon and I would like to see about HDTV cc also. I am not familiar with DVR (does it stand for digital video recorder or something?), so please do let me know what's that.

Ben

i have a hdtv as well. hdnet do not support CC! Sadly, most HD channels from directv do not support CC, except ESPN-HD! I complained on the phone with DirectTV and they said that the law of using CC in HDTV hasn't passed yet.

FitnessGuru said:
i have a hdtv as well. hdnet do not support CC! Sadly, most HD channels from directv do not support CC, except ESPN-HD! I complained on the phone with DirectTV and they said that the law of using CC in HDTV hasn't passed yet.

sorry to hear that... i watch several HD channels with CC. they work fine. i dont have an experience with DirectTV. i use Comcast DVR that has built in CC. so far i have 12 HD channels in atlanta...

Back